Following Lil Wayne's performance at Compound nightclub in Atlanta Saturday night, shots were fired towards two of his tour buses. TMZ reports that the shooting occurred around 3:30 AM, as the buses left the venue.
One of the top stories this year has been Future's incredible string of releases. He's put out two stellar mixtapes and two No. 1 albums, including a joint effort with Drake. And he put out Monster, the tape that started it all in late October of 2014.
Metro Boomin just turned 22 in September, and he's already racked up one of the most enviable discographies in modern hip hop. Everyone from Gucci Mane to Drake to Nicki Minaj has called upon the St.
Releasing three mixtapes over the course of six months is no easy task; dropping three that are celebrated by critics and fans alike is almost unthinkable.
Over the course of his career, Travi$ Scott has often been accused of copying others' styles, whether those of Kid Cudi or his mentor, Kanye West, or more recently, Atlanta's trap rappers.
This year, with the release of Drake and Future's What a Time to Be Alive, there has been a renewed interest in joint projects.
Yesterday, Fox 5 Atlanta reported on an attempted abduction in Atlanta, sharing a police sketch of the man in question.
This past weekend OutKast took over Atlanta for three days with their homecoming "ATLast" show. For each show, a different set of openers were called upon, with Kid Cudi, Childish Gambino and Raury opening for the Friday show.
A couple weeks back, Chief Keef called out Atlanta's Migos on Twitter for "sneak dissin'". Since then, two tracks have surfaced that allegedly address the beef, GBE rapper Ballout's "Goin In," and Migos own, "Jealousy".
It looks like the case involving Lil Wayne's tour bus shooting has finally come to a conclusion, while the legal drama between Wayne and Birdman (at times, intertwined with this case), continues to lag on.
Adrien Broner, the boxer who has held world titles in 4 different weight classes, seems to have certain ties to the Atlanta rap scene.
Rich Homie Quan's Father Reportedly Shot, Currently In Critical Condition [Update: Quan's Label Releases Statement] Sep 30, 2014 at 12:47pm
Sad news from Atlanta on the day of Rich Gang's mixtape drop: Rich Homie Quan's father was reportedly shot four times this morning, and is currently in the hospital. He's in critical condition, but according to TMZ, is expected to live.
Rich Homie Quan told us on his first mixtape, in 2012, I Go In On Every Song. Next came Still Goin' In and Still Goin' In (Reloaded).
Fans of the music coming out of Atlanta in the mid-2000s are no doubt familiar with Bone Crusher. While known most prominently on the solo tip as the man behind "Never Scared," the emcee was actually a fairly stable act in his prime, appearing on tracks with
After dropping No Label 2 and Rich Nigga Timeline last year, Migos have spent the months leading up to YRN The Album sharing their music in a more haphazard, less organized fashion.
Usually, donating some money to a charitable cause isn't something you can criticize, but in Migos' case, people found a way to hate on their choice to give $1000 to an Atlanta high school. Yesterday, the trio posted a picture on their Instagram (below) of th
Trinidad James Says That The South Runs New York [Update: Trinidad Responds On Twitter] Nov 13, 2013 at 11:36am
Last night in New York City Trinidad James came out to perform at the Converse Rubber Tracks event. During his set, he took some time to talk to the crowd and what he had to say didn't go over too well with the New Yorkers.
If traditional "bangers" are what you're looking for, 2015 Young Thug is not your go-to guy. You'd be better off trying some of his other locations, like 1017 Thug or I Came From Nothing 3.
In December reports circulated about an "Atlanta" TV show Childish Gambino, aka Donald Glover, had been working on. The rapper/actor was prepping a pilot for the network FX, reportedly about the ATL hip-hop scene.
- Charts Don't Lie: November 25th4,759 Views24 Comments
- Busta Rhymes Is "Without Question" Releasing An Album In 20163,631 Views16 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For Jadakiss' "Top 5 Dead Or Alive"7,267 Views43 Comments
- Boosie Badazz Says He Has Kidney Cancer, Later Deletes Caption13,630 Views66 Comments
- Young Thug & Rihanna Hit The Studio Together11,212 Views68 Comments
- Erykah Badu Shares "But You Caint Use My Phone" Cover Art & Tracklist5,937 Views17 Comments
- Former Cowboys Running Back Arrested For Assaulting A Law Officer At A Casino4,193 Views0 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Countersued By Former Label5,991 Views27 Comments
- Golden State Warriors Set NBA Record For Best Start To A Season2,142 Views0 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Believes Race Played Role In His Overseas Bans5,184 Views28 Comments
- Vic Mensa Joins Chicago Protests Following Police Killing Of Laquan McDonald7,649 Views50 Comments
- Someone Bought That Secret Wu-Tang Album For "Millions"20,843 Views79 Comments
- ASAP Ferg Talks "Huge Smash Song" With Future, Recording For A Week With 4018,548 Views78 Comments
- YG Covers FADER, Opens Up About Night He Was Shot10,455 Views40 Comments