On Vince Staples' "CNB," A$ton Matthews proved himself as the ScHoolboy Q to Vince's Kendrick Lamar, and incredibly energetic rapper who uses his voice as a weapon, always finding the right exclamation to fir the moment.
More often than not, the best duos in rap are polar opposites when it comes to their respective deliveries. Whether it's Snoop Dogg's nasally tones juxtaposed with Dr.
After warning us yesterday, A$ton Matthew’s keeps his word and comes through with a brand new track tonight called “Window Paint” featuring Bodega Bamz.
HotNewHipHop's On The Come Up series profiles rising stars in the rap game that show strong promise and the will to succeed. Most of the time, they're new to the site but deserve some shine.
Vince Staples Reveals "Hell Can Wait" EP Artwork, New Release Date [Update: Tracklist Revealed] Oct 2, 2014 at 02:52pm
Vince Staples' Hell Can Wait EP was originally scheduled to drop on September 23rd, but on the 16th, he tweeted: Due to sample issues the Hell Can Wait EP has been prolonged but not for long you will hear it in 2014.
Vince Staples Details "Hell Can Wait" EP, With Guest Spots From A$ton Matthews & Teyana Taylor Sep 9, 2014 at 01:46pm
Ever since we were introduced to him on Earl Sweatshirt's 2010 debut, Vince Staples has been making increasingly more noise in the rap game with each passing year. This year, the 21-year-old put out his mixtape Shyne Coldchain Vol.
Lakewood, CA's A$ton Matthews has been making a name for himself with his brand of dark, menacing hip-hop, and no one song better illustrates that sound than his recent track "Lit." The track, which has gotten an official video today, was produced by Alviar a
A$ton Matthews is a pro-wrestling-obsessed street rapper from Lakewood, California. He released his Aston 3:16 mixtape back in March, which established him as a force to be reckoned with, and a promising contemporary to fellow crew member Vince Staples.
A$ton Matthews' upcoming A$ton 3:16 is coming soon, and the rapper continues to drop material from it. The latest comes in the form of the visual for "What You Need", a dark track, delivered with a very intentionally lazy flow.
East and West coasts collide on the latest track from A$ton Matthews. "TLC" finds the Lakewood, CA rapper inhabiting a menacing V. Don beat, which commits to neither side of the nation.
A$ton Matthews is going heavy on the wrestling references on his upcoming A$ton 3:16 mixtape. "Scott Steiner" is the latest example, and finds the rapper once again inhabiting the dark wet coast feel he's done so well in the past. Quotable lyrics:
Give In My Mind (Prod. By Willie B) a listen - it's a new offering from Raven Sorvino, featuring A$ton Matthews, Mike G & Maxo Kream. It was dropped on Monday, October 21st, 2013.
- Jay Z Caved And Got An Instagram Account10,181 Views41 Comments
- J Cole Brings Out Jay-Z, Big Sean, & Drake In Fayetteville29,434 Views46 Comments
- Kanye West To Perform "808s & Heartbreak" In Its Entirety In LA10,974 Views21 Comments
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (August 22-28)4,002 Views23 Comments
- Drake's Team Says Apple Didn't Interfere With Lil Weezyana Stream, Calls It A "Publicity Stunt"23,501 Views116 Comments
- Stream Two-9's New EP, "#AugustTwo9"4,593 Views11 Comments
- Lil Wayne Brought Out Drake, Curren$y, Master P & More At Lil Weezyana Fest33,856 Views34 Comments
- Jeezy Has Something New Coming In Two Days14,579 Views55 Comments
- Apple Blocked Tidal From Streaming Drake's Performance At Lil Weezyana Fest20,051 Views65 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Lil Weezyana Fest" On Tidal20,266 Views49 Comments
- Shy Glizzy & Zaytoven Announce New Mixtape "For Trappers Only"9,197 Views29 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness"31,053 Views88 Comments
- Ticket Giveaway: Mick Jenkins' "Wave[s]" Tour2,229 Views5 Comments
- The Game Reveals "The Documentary 2" Cover & Release Date61,029 Views220 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (August 28)2,699 Views3 Comments