On Vince Staples' "CNB," A$ton Matthews proved himself as the ScHoolboy Q to Vince's Kendrick Lamar, and incredibly energetic rapper who uses his voice as a weapon, always finding the right exclamation to fir the moment.
More often than not, the best duos in rap are polar opposites when it comes to their respective deliveries. Whether it's Snoop Dogg's nasally tones juxtaposed with Dr.
After warning us yesterday, A$ton Matthew’s keeps his word and comes through with a brand new track tonight called “Window Paint” featuring Bodega Bamz.
HotNewHipHop's On The Come Up series profiles rising stars in the rap game that show strong promise and the will to succeed. Most of the time, they're new to the site but deserve some shine.
Vince Staples Reveals "Hell Can Wait" EP Artwork, New Release Date [Update: Tracklist Revealed] Oct 2, 2014 at 02:52pm
Vince Staples' Hell Can Wait EP was originally scheduled to drop on September 23rd, but on the 16th, he tweeted: Due to sample issues the Hell Can Wait EP has been prolonged but not for long you will hear it in 2014.
Vince Staples Details "Hell Can Wait" EP, With Guest Spots From A$ton Matthews & Teyana Taylor Sep 9, 2014 at 01:46pm
Ever since we were introduced to him on Earl Sweatshirt's 2010 debut, Vince Staples has been making increasingly more noise in the rap game with each passing year. This year, the 21-year-old put out his mixtape Shyne Coldchain Vol.
Lakewood, CA's A$ton Matthews has been making a name for himself with his brand of dark, menacing hip-hop, and no one song better illustrates that sound than his recent track "Lit." The track, which has gotten an official video today, was produced by Alviar a
A$ton Matthews is a pro-wrestling-obsessed street rapper from Lakewood, California. He released his Aston 3:16 mixtape back in March, which established him as a force to be reckoned with, and a promising contemporary to fellow crew member Vince Staples.
A$ton Matthews' upcoming A$ton 3:16 is coming soon, and the rapper continues to drop material from it. The latest comes in the form of the visual for "What You Need", a dark track, delivered with a very intentionally lazy flow.
East and West coasts collide on the latest track from A$ton Matthews. "TLC" finds the Lakewood, CA rapper inhabiting a menacing V. Don beat, which commits to neither side of the nation.
A$ton Matthews is going heavy on the wrestling references on his upcoming A$ton 3:16 mixtape. "Scott Steiner" is the latest example, and finds the rapper once again inhabiting the dark wet coast feel he's done so well in the past. Quotable lyrics:
Give In My Mind (Prod. By Willie B) a listen - it's a new offering from Raven Sorvino, featuring A$ton Matthews, Mike G & Maxo Kream. It was dropped on Monday, October 21st, 2013.
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Lil Weezyana Fest" On Tidal11,937 Views46 Comments
- Shy Glizzy & Zaytoven Announce New Mixtape "For Trappers Only"5,542 Views17 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness"19,634 Views71 Comments
- Ticket Giveaway: Mick Jenkins' "Wave[s]" Tour1,511 Views5 Comments
- The Game Reveals "The Documentary 2" Cover & Release Date44,152 Views192 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (August 28)1,690 Views3 Comments
- Young Buck Not Going To Jail Over Faked Drug Test4,275 Views21 Comments
- Toro Y Moi Drops Surprise Album "Samantha"4,882 Views17 Comments
- The People Behind The Madness10,765 Views13 Comments
- French Montana "Mac And Cheese: The Album" Release Date Revealed9,859 Views45 Comments
- 3 Takeaways From Jay Rock's "90059" Listening Party10,391 Views44 Comments
- Miami Heat Owner Hints At Possible 'South Beach' Inspired Jerseys For Next Season2,911 Views0 Comments
- Omarion Enlists Nic Nac, James Fauntleroy & More For "Reasons"5,894 Views17 Comments
- Top 5 Lil Wayne Verses On Hot Boys' Songs9,435 Views27 Comments
- Kirk Knight Announces Debut Album, "Late Knight Special"3,525 Views14 Comments
You may also like...