Drake's Team Says Apple Didn't Interfere With Lil Weezyana Stream, Calls It A "Publicity Stunt" Aug 29, 2015 at 04:21pm
While Tidal spun their lack of access to the Drake portion of Lil Weezyana fest as interference from Apple, Drizzy's team tells a different story.
Rumor had it that Apple had threatened Tidal with a $20 million lawsuit if Drake's performance at Lil Weezyana Fest was broadcasted yesterday, and when the rapper's appearance was cut from the stream, the threat seemed to be confirmed.
Since launching earlier this month, Apple Music has swept the rug from under TIDAL’s feet and made a markedly successful splash, delivering a diverse catalogue of options for their new Beats Radio 1 feature.
It all seemed like fantastic, luxurious, one-percent-y fun and games during the initial TIDAL press conference.
Ever since The Weeknd turned down a deal with OVO, it's been clear that there's some bad blood between him and Drake, but between a recent hint at new collabs and this Apple conference today, it's looking more and more like they've patched things up.
Just as Apple is anticipated to launch their new music streaming service (which may or may not involve Kanye West, but more than likely does involve Drake), they've had to recall the Beats Pill XL speaker due to a fire safety concern.
Apple's worldwide developers conference is happening next week, and the rumor mill is going into overdrive.
The first thought that went through many peoples minds when they saw the Tidal team standing on stage (after cracking an Illuminati joke, that is) was "where's Drake?".
Drake is rumored to be the recipient of $19 million per a new deal with Apple that, among other things, will feature him as a guest DJ on iTunes Radio, reports the New York Post.
Last week, we learned that Dr. Dre's veritable unicorn of an album, previously thought to be titled Detox, will probably arrive under another title, and today comes the news that you may not be able to stream said album on Dre's own streaming service.
Kanye West Says Dr. Dre's Apple Deal Couldn't Have Happened Without Jay Z's Samsung Deal Jun 17, 2014 at 02:11pm
Kanye West, who is scheduled to speak at the Cannes Lions Music Festival later this week, also participated in a panel discussion yesterday with Steve Stoute and Ben Horowitz. The discussion covered topics such as Dr.
It's official. After plenty of reports a few weeks back about Apple purchasing Beats Electronics, the news has been confirmed and officially announced in a press release today.
Apple May Be Looking To Acquire Dr. Dre's Beats Electronics For $3.2 Billion [Update: Dr. Dre Confirms] May 9, 2014 at 11:09am
Dr. Dre recently surpassed Jay Z as the second richest rapper in the game, and it looks as though he could take the throne from Diddy if Apple successfully buys him out of Beats Electronics.
- Lupe Fiasco Collecting Fans' Copies Of "Lasers" So He Can Destroy Them2,611 Views20 Comments
- Top Tracks: August 24 - August 30908 Views3 Comments
- Rick Ross To Release New Album "Black Dollar" This Week5,989 Views44 Comments
- Trick Daddy Files For Bankruptcy2,298 Views15 Comments
- Kanye West Hosting Next Year's VMAs Is Reportedly "On The Table"3,230 Views12 Comments
- The Weeknd Talks "BBTM," Working With Kanye West, Influences3,110 Views18 Comments
- Travi$ Scott Announces "Rodeo" Tour Dates6,039 Views31 Comments
- Isaiah Rashad Teases A New Project Coming Soon4,130 Views19 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Critiques Miley Cyrus' Hosting Duties At MTV VMAs13,174 Views48 Comments
- "Straight Outta Compton" Becomes Highest Grossing Music Biopic Ever4,791 Views31 Comments
- Kanye West Is Willing To Help The Man Who Is Trying To Trade His Yeezys For A Kidney4,485 Views0 Comments
- Watch Performances From The Weeknd, A$AP Rocky & More At The 2015 MTV VMAs2,799 Views6 Comments
- Jeezy Announces New Album Coming In November3,527 Views11 Comments
- Top 10 Moments From The 2015 MTV VMAs13,182 Views18 Comments
You may also like...