Wiz Khalifa Discusses Why "Kush & OJ" Is Viewed As A Classic On Its 5th Anniversary Apr 14, 2015 at 05:48pm
Wiz Khalifa has been putting out music since 2005, but it wasn't until 2010 that he had his major breakthrough with Kush & OJ, a mixtape that celebrates its fifth anniversary today.
It's been 18 years since The Notorious B.I.G. was tragically taken from us, and hip-hop has missed him every single day since. If there's ever been someone who was born to rap, it was Christopher Wallace.
Dr. Dre & Kendrick Lamar Guest At Game's "The Documentary" 10th Anniversary Concert Jan 19, 2015 at 02:44pm
Game's debut album, The Documentary just celebrated its tenth anniversary this weekend, and on top of making hip hop heads world-wide feel old, the Compton rapper decided to toast the occasion with a special concert.
Game dropped his debut album, The Documentary on January 18th, 2005, and if you were old enough to buy the album then, you'll probably feel pretty old when you realize it's celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2 weeks.
Yeah, yeah, it's been twenty years and you're old now. Twenty years since those early copies of Illmatic graced those long-lost, seemingly eternally dusty, record store shelves (remember record stores?
On certain occasions obscure and experimental sounds explode into something extraordinary.
Slick Rick's debut, The Great Adventures of Slick Rick celebrated its 20th anniversary back in November, and in (Slightly delayed) celebration of the event, Rick has announced a U.S. tour.
Top 15 "Apache" Samples: The Evolution Of One Of Hip Hop's Most Well Known Instrumentals Feb 21, 2014 at 03:40pm
Hip Hop’s favorite sample has the least Hip Hop origins. Jerry Lordan, a British RAF veteran and part-time songwriter, was inspired by the story Massai - who was the last Apache left after Chief Geronimo surrendered New Mexico to the United States.
Last Saturday marked the 15th anniversary of hip hop legend Big L’s untimely death. The Harlem rapper helped propel the strong New York hip hop movement in the nineties, and collaborated with dozens of artists including a young Jay-Z, Tupac, Fat Joe.
Just the other week we heard Nas' take on the possibility of releasing a sequel to his critically acclaimed debut album Illmatic. With the 20th anniversary of the album right around the corner, Illmatic talk continues to rise day by day.
Kendrick Lamar On Snoop Dogg's Debut: "There Wouldn’t Be A Kendrick Without 'Doggystyle'" Nov 23, 2013 at 03:08pm
Kendrick Lamar may have compared himself to the King of New York on his "Control" verse, but he's a West Coast rapper through and through.
Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth Announce "20th Anniversary Mecca And The Soul Brother Tour" Dates Oct 11, 2013 at 11:19am
The iconic duo of Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth are hitting the road for their upcoming "20th Anniversary Mecca And The Soul Brother Tour," which takes its name from their debut effort together, Mecca And The Soul Brother.
Jay-Z & Beyonce celebrated their 5-year anniversary (which lands on April 4th) by taking a trip to Havana, Cuba, this past week.The couple celebrated their anniversary in Cuba as tourists (although that's not techinically legal for U.S.
- Young Thug Delays "Slime Season" Mixtape: "Sorry 4 The Wait!"2,817 Views36 Comments
- All-Black Colorway Of The Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost To Release This Fall925 Views0 Comments
- Review: Vince Staples' "Summertime '06"3,363 Views31 Comments
- Chris Brown & The Mother Of His Child Go Back & Forth On Instagram13,386 Views42 Comments
- Stream Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge's "Twelve Reasons To Die II"1,374 Views6 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (June 27 - July 3)3,541 Views4 Comments
- Diddy's Assault Case Rejected By District Attorney5,377 Views17 Comments
- Eminem Debuts Official Video For “Phenomenal” On Apple Music7,814 Views27 Comments
- 10 Luxury Raps Found On Tyga's "The Gold Album"16,514 Views47 Comments
- Childish Gambino's "Atlanta" TV Show Gets A Cast12,235 Views3 Comments
- Rae Sremmurd Say 2nd Album Dropping In December, Wiz Khalifa Collab Coming Soon14,697 Views32 Comments
- Gucci Mane Announces "The Stars Of The Trap" Tour17,088 Views34 Comments
- Real Vs. Fake 'Shattered Backboard' Air Jordan 1761 Views0 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Responds To Fox News Criticism Of BET Awards Performance43,041 Views145 Comments
- Review: Meek Mill's "Dreams Worth More Than Money"35,717 Views266 Comments
You may also like...