It's been 18 years since The Notorious B.I.G. was tragically taken from us, and hip-hop has missed him every single day since. If there's ever been someone who was born to rap, it was Christopher Wallace.
Dr. Dre & Kendrick Lamar Guest At Game's "The Documentary" 10th Anniversary Concert Jan 19, 2015 at 02:44 PM
Game's debut album, The Documentary just celebrated its tenth anniversary this weekend, and on top of making hip hop heads world-wide feel old, the Compton rapper decided to toast the occasion with a special concert.
Game To Celebrate 10th Anniversary Of "The Documentary" With Special Concert Jan 5, 2015 at 10:40 AM
Game dropped his debut album, The Documentary on January 18th, 2005, and if you were old enough to buy the album then, you'll probably feel pretty old when you realize it's celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2 weeks.
Yeah, yeah, it's been twenty years and you're old now. Twenty years since those early copies of Illmatic graced those long-lost, seemingly eternally dusty, record store shelves (remember record stores?
On certain occasions obscure and experimental sounds explode into something extraordinary.
Slick Rick's debut, The Great Adventures of Slick Rick celebrated its 20th anniversary back in November, and in (Slightly delayed) celebration of the event, Rick has announced a U.S. tour.
Top 15 "Apache" Samples: The Evolution Of One Of Hip Hop's Most Well Known Instrumentals Feb 21, 2014 at 03:40 PM
Hip Hop’s favorite sample has the least Hip Hop origins. Jerry Lordan, a British RAF veteran and part-time songwriter, was inspired by the story Massai - who was the last Apache left after Chief Geronimo surrendered New Mexico to the United States.
Last Saturday marked the 15th anniversary of hip hop legend Big L’s untimely death. The Harlem rapper helped propel the strong New York hip hop movement in the nineties, and collaborated with dozens of artists including a young Jay-Z, Tupac, Fat Joe.
Just the other week we heard Nas' take on the possibility of releasing a sequel to his critically acclaimed debut album Illmatic. With the 20th anniversary of the album right around the corner, Illmatic talk continues to rise day by day.
We've officially wrapped up a big year for the genre we all love-- new albums from Jay Z, Kanye West, Pusha T, Mac Miller, Drake, Juicy J (and the list goes on), only made 2013 that much sweeter.
Kendrick Lamar On Snoop Dogg's Debut: "There Wouldn’t Be A Kendrick Without 'Doggystyle'" Nov 23, 2013 at 03:08 PM
Kendrick Lamar may have compared himself to the King of New York on his "Control" verse, but he's a West Coast rapper through and through.
Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth Announce "20th Anniversary Mecca And The Soul Brother Tour" Dates Oct 11, 2013 at 11:19 AM
The iconic duo of Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth are hitting the road for their upcoming "20th Anniversary Mecca And The Soul Brother Tour," which takes its name from their debut effort together, Mecca And The Soul Brother.
Today marks the 17-year anniversary of legendary emcee Tupac Shakur's death. Pac passed on September 13th in 1996 at the age of 25 after a drive-by shooting in Las Vegas left him hospitalized.
Jay-Z & Beyonce celebrated their 5-year anniversary (which lands on April 4th) by taking a trip to Havana, Cuba, this past week.The couple celebrated their anniversary in Cuba as tourists (although that's not techinically legal for U.S.
- Tech N9ne Reveals "Special Effects" Tour Dates262 Views3 Comments
- Stream Ballout & Tadoe's "The Rise Of Glo Gang Empire"731 Views9 Comments
- Stream Archibald Slim's "The Other Special Guest"230 Views1 Comment
- Forgot About Dre: Tracking Dr. Dre's Last Five Years5,484 Views24 Comments
- Kanye West Is Headlining KIIS FM’s Wango Tango Event1,463 Views13 Comments
- Drake's OVO x Mitchell & Ness 'Raptors' Collab Officially Unveiled2,063 Views0 Comments
- Ticket Giveaway: See The LOX Live In Brooklyn241 Views0 Comments
- T-Pain Says He's Not Making A "Comeback," Explains Aaliyah Collaboration6,913 Views11 Comments
- Lit At LIV: 5 Altercations At The Miami Club5,585 Views12 Comments
- Stream OG Maco's "I Made This Shit Before 'U Guessed It'" Compilation3,756 Views9 Comments
- Lil Durk's Manager Reportedly Killed In Chicago Shooting17,238 Views40 Comments
- 40 Vs. Boi-1da10,400 Views54 Comments
- Stream Eric Bellinger's "Birthday Gifts" EP3,389 Views8 Comments
- Social Media Roasts West Virginia Following Blowout Loss To Kentucky5,536 Views0 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Has The First No. 1 Album Ever With "Pimp" In Its Title18,017 Views103 Comments