Wiz Khalifa Discusses Why "Kush & OJ" Is Viewed As A Classic On Its 5th Anniversary Apr 14, 2015 at 05:48pm
Wiz Khalifa has been putting out music since 2005, but it wasn't until 2010 that he had his major breakthrough with Kush & OJ, a mixtape that celebrates its fifth anniversary today.
It's been 18 years since The Notorious B.I.G. was tragically taken from us, and hip-hop has missed him every single day since. If there's ever been someone who was born to rap, it was Christopher Wallace.
Dr. Dre & Kendrick Lamar Guest At Game's "The Documentary" 10th Anniversary Concert Jan 19, 2015 at 02:44pm
Game's debut album, The Documentary just celebrated its tenth anniversary this weekend, and on top of making hip hop heads world-wide feel old, the Compton rapper decided to toast the occasion with a special concert.
Game dropped his debut album, The Documentary on January 18th, 2005, and if you were old enough to buy the album then, you'll probably feel pretty old when you realize it's celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2 weeks.
Yeah, yeah, it's been twenty years and you're old now. Twenty years since those early copies of Illmatic graced those long-lost, seemingly eternally dusty, record store shelves (remember record stores?
On certain occasions obscure and experimental sounds explode into something extraordinary.
Slick Rick's debut, The Great Adventures of Slick Rick celebrated its 20th anniversary back in November, and in (Slightly delayed) celebration of the event, Rick has announced a U.S. tour.
Top 15 "Apache" Samples: The Evolution Of One Of Hip Hop's Most Well Known Instrumentals Feb 21, 2014 at 03:40pm
Hip Hop’s favorite sample has the least Hip Hop origins. Jerry Lordan, a British RAF veteran and part-time songwriter, was inspired by the story Massai - who was the last Apache left after Chief Geronimo surrendered New Mexico to the United States.
Last Saturday marked the 15th anniversary of hip hop legend Big L’s untimely death. The Harlem rapper helped propel the strong New York hip hop movement in the nineties, and collaborated with dozens of artists including a young Jay-Z, Tupac, Fat Joe.
Just the other week we heard Nas' take on the possibility of releasing a sequel to his critically acclaimed debut album Illmatic. With the 20th anniversary of the album right around the corner, Illmatic talk continues to rise day by day.
Kendrick Lamar On Snoop Dogg's Debut: "There Wouldn’t Be A Kendrick Without 'Doggystyle'" Nov 23, 2013 at 03:08pm
Kendrick Lamar may have compared himself to the King of New York on his "Control" verse, but he's a West Coast rapper through and through.
Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth Announce "20th Anniversary Mecca And The Soul Brother Tour" Dates Oct 11, 2013 at 11:19am
The iconic duo of Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth are hitting the road for their upcoming "20th Anniversary Mecca And The Soul Brother Tour," which takes its name from their debut effort together, Mecca And The Soul Brother.
Today marks the 17-year anniversary of legendary emcee Tupac Shakur's death. Pac passed on September 13th in 1996 at the age of 25 after a drive-by shooting in Las Vegas left him hospitalized.
Jay-Z & Beyonce celebrated their 5-year anniversary (which lands on April 4th) by taking a trip to Havana, Cuba, this past week.The couple celebrated their anniversary in Cuba as tourists (although that's not techinically legal for U.S.
- Must-Hear Instrumental Hip Hop Albums262 Views1 Comment
- Allen Iverson Addresses Strip Club Rumors On Hot 9757 Views0 Comments
- Listen To Three New Drake Songs29,978 Views76 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Covers Ebony Magazine6,634 Views36 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 16 - 22)6,352 Views10 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Releases "The Night Is Still Young" Video Exclusively On TIDAL11,609 Views58 Comments
- 50 Cent Sues Rick Ross For Allegedly Leaking His Own Baby Mama's Sex Tape26,767 Views60 Comments
- The Atlanta Hawks Are Begging Lil B To Show Mercy On Them6,422 Views0 Comments
- T'yanna Wallace Answers Questions From Biggie Fans5,971 Views9 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (May 22)2,045 Views1 Comment
- Eminem To Executive Produce "Southpaw" Soundtrack5,212 Views24 Comments
- French Montana Decries "Hateful Speech" Surrounding Chinx's Death32,206 Views61 Comments
- James Harden Has Been Cursed By Lil B The Based God7,171 Views0 Comments
- Fabolous Announces "Friday Night Freestyles" Mixtape15,798 Views52 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa Announces Sequel To "Rolling Papers" Album36,878 Views155 Comments
You may also like...
- André DeSaint "Work For Me" Video671 Views
- Wati Heru "White Lines" Video299 Views
- Tory Lanez & Shlohmo "Acting Like" Video10,357 Views