Wiz Khalifa Discusses Why "Kush & OJ" Is Viewed As A Classic On Its 5th Anniversary Apr 14, 2015 at 05:48pm
Wiz Khalifa has been putting out music since 2005, but it wasn't until 2010 that he had his major breakthrough with Kush & OJ, a mixtape that celebrates its fifth anniversary today.
It's been 18 years since The Notorious B.I.G. was tragically taken from us, and hip-hop has missed him every single day since. If there's ever been someone who was born to rap, it was Christopher Wallace.
Dr. Dre & Kendrick Lamar Guest At Game's "The Documentary" 10th Anniversary Concert Jan 19, 2015 at 02:44pm
Game's debut album, The Documentary just celebrated its tenth anniversary this weekend, and on top of making hip hop heads world-wide feel old, the Compton rapper decided to toast the occasion with a special concert.
Game dropped his debut album, The Documentary on January 18th, 2005, and if you were old enough to buy the album then, you'll probably feel pretty old when you realize it's celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2 weeks.
Beyonce is celebrating the one-year anniversary of dropping her game-changing self-titled visual album by releasing a short retrospective film titled "Yours And Mine." The black and white video piece is narrated by the Queen Bey, who comments on her youth and
Yeah, yeah, it's been twenty years and you're old now. Twenty years since those early copies of Illmatic graced those long-lost, seemingly eternally dusty, record store shelves (remember record stores?
With the anniversary of Nas' Illmatic quickly approaching, the rapper is just about everywhere, either doing interviews, answering the fans' questions on Reddit/Twitter, or he's the focus of documentaries/editorials on the classic LP (he's also releasing his o
On certain occasions obscure and experimental sounds explode into something extraordinary.
As you may be aware, the legendary Notorious B.I.G.'s death anniversary is coming up this Sunday, on March 9th. DJ Premier has let go a new tribute he produced for the late MC, with very smooth vocals from a singer by the name of Stage Soul Music.
Slick Rick's debut, The Great Adventures of Slick Rick celebrated its 20th anniversary back in November, and in (Slightly delayed) celebration of the event, Rick has announced a U.S. tour.
Top 15 "Apache" Samples: The Evolution Of One Of Hip Hop's Most Well Known Instrumentals Feb 21, 2014 at 03:40pm
Hip Hop’s favorite sample has the least Hip Hop origins. Jerry Lordan, a British RAF veteran and part-time songwriter, was inspired by the story Massai - who was the last Apache left after Chief Geronimo surrendered New Mexico to the United States.
Last Saturday marked the 15th anniversary of hip hop legend Big L’s untimely death. The Harlem rapper helped propel the strong New York hip hop movement in the nineties, and collaborated with dozens of artists including a young Jay-Z, Tupac, Fat Joe.
Just the other week we heard Nas' take on the possibility of releasing a sequel to his critically acclaimed debut album Illmatic. With the 20th anniversary of the album right around the corner, Illmatic talk continues to rise day by day.
Kendrick Lamar On Snoop Dogg's Debut: "There Wouldn’t Be A Kendrick Without 'Doggystyle'" Nov 23, 2013 at 03:08pm
Kendrick Lamar may have compared himself to the King of New York on his "Control" verse, but he's a West Coast rapper through and through.
Snoop Dogg speaks to MTV on the 20th anniversary of "Doggystyle," revealing that he's never listened to the full project, and breaking down a couple of his favorite tracks.Experience Snoop Dogg Says He's Never Listened To "Doggystyle", a new offering from Snoo
Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth Announce "20th Anniversary Mecca And The Soul Brother Tour" Dates Oct 11, 2013 at 11:19am
The iconic duo of Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth are hitting the road for their upcoming "20th Anniversary Mecca And The Soul Brother Tour," which takes its name from their debut effort together, Mecca And The Soul Brother.
Jay-Z & Beyonce celebrated their 5-year anniversary (which lands on April 4th) by taking a trip to Havana, Cuba, this past week.The couple celebrated their anniversary in Cuba as tourists (although that's not techinically legal for U.S.
Twenty years after the release of their groundbreaking album 'Enta Da Stage', Buckshot, 5ft, DJ Evil Dee and Dru Ha discuss the origins of Black Moon. The full clip which will be released later this year. Let us know what you think, folks.
- 5 NBA Stars Who Will Have New Homes Next Season646 Views0 Comments
- 50 Cent & Diddy's Effen Vs. Ciroc Battle Continues On Instagram6,404 Views32 Comments
- A$AP Rocky Shot A Short Film Starring Skepta & Novelist4,926 Views6 Comments
- Joe Budden Reveals "All Love Lost" Cover Art7,732 Views37 Comments
- Waka Flocka Disses Donald Trump On Twitter28,168 Views57 Comments
- Kanye West Is Reportedly The Lone Feature On The Weeknd's Upcoming Album25,204 Views54 Comments
- Drake Hints Willow Smith Will Appear On "Views From The 6"31,059 Views115 Comments
- Action Bronson Now Selling Personalized Verses, Insults, & Birthday Greetings11,176 Views20 Comments
- Adidas Yeezy Boost Concept Headphones Unveiled4,484 Views0 Comments
- DJ Mustard Is Working On "Hard" New Material With Britney Spears10,942 Views36 Comments
- Meek Mill Reveals Pre-Jail "DWMTM" Songs Will Be Released Soon30,615 Views98 Comments
- OG Maco Clarifies His Criticism Of Travi$ Scott's "3500"19,868 Views53 Comments
- ASAP Rocky: "The Rita Ora Thing Was Tasteless Of Me"24,781 Views32 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: July 4th16,746 Views29 Comments
- Freddie Gibbs Previews New Gucci Mane Collab, Says New Album "On The Way"10,322 Views33 Comments
You may also like...
- Problem "Relapse" Video154 Views
- Meek Mill Feat. Future "Jump Out The Face" Video20,660 Views
- Drake Previews "Energy" Video8,939 Views