After dominating the majority of the most recent millennium, Free Weezy Album marks Lil Wayne's first foray into generating music without the safety net of the Cash Money Records machine that helped make him.
The year 2015 is proving to be a landmark year for hip-hop, with seemingly every week having at least one noteworthy release. Perhaps most appealing to onlookers of the genre is the budding growth of some of the best emcees this generation has to offer.
On Dizzy Wright's second studio album The Growing Process, the 24-year old rapper makes an attempt at honing in his focus as an artist by establishing a moral constitution for his music to adhere to until further notice.
Beats. For most fans of rap music, they're just the background for the "real" action: the lyrics. To others, they can make or break a track completely. And to some, beats are music all by themselves.
After Yelawolf’s first major-label album Radioactive proved to be, well, just that; and failed to meet the standards set by his 2010 mixtape Trunk Muzik, it felt as though - with his second effort Love Story - an explanation or apology was due.
"Lord, my all, what you think of it? Been on this long road accumulating luggage. As time proceeds, preoccupied with everything, I think it's 'bout time that I sing of nothing."
Kendrick Lamar’s latest installment into his discography To Pimp a Butterfly has only been a part of the Hip Hop world less than a week and yet critics, fans, and fellow musicians alike aren’t shying away from heralding it as a modern day classic.
2013 was undoubtedly a great year for rap music. If you are a die-hard hip-hop head, you are probably praying that 2014 will continue along the same lines, if not one-up 2013.
As you're probably aware by now, Jay Z celebrated his 44th birthday today. We did a list of our own for Hov, looking at some of his top album tracks but the rapper decided to post a list of his own on his Life + Times blog, and it's definitely of interest.
- Koopsta Knicca Of Three 6 Mafia Dies Following Stroke4,005 Views33 Comments
- Stream The Game's "The Documentary 2"19,129 Views143 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Shares "Kunta's Groove Sessions" Tour Dates, Jay Rock To Support16,194 Views115 Comments
- Young Chop Calls Out Kanye West For Using Chicago Artists35,375 Views175 Comments
- Beyonce, Jay Z, Kanye West, Rihanna & Pharrell All Suing French Clothing Company27,514 Views45 Comments
- The Game Don't Change: The Making Of "The Documentary 2"21,275 Views39 Comments
- Eminem Writes Essay On The Genius Of Tupac15,242 Views88 Comments
- Karrueche Tran Says Dating Chris Brown Has Made It Harder To Get Work41,779 Views109 Comments
- #TBT: Tech N9ne's Early Singles4,076 Views24 Comments
- GoldLink Announces Debut Album, Shares First Single4,585 Views14 Comments
- Quiz: How Well Do You Know The Game's "The Documentary"?9,784 Views36 Comments
- First Look At The Toronto Raptors' 'OVO' Alternate Jersey For This Season3,846 Views0 Comments
- N.W.A. & Janet Jackson Nominated For Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame3,342 Views26 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa's "See You Again" Becomes First Rap Video To Hit 1 Billion Views25,970 Views153 Comments
You may also like...
- Mick Jenkins "Your Love" Video1,747 Views