After dominating the majority of the most recent millennium, Free Weezy Album marks Lil Wayne's first foray into generating music without the safety net of the Cash Money Records machine that helped make him.
The year 2015 is proving to be a landmark year for hip-hop, with seemingly every week having at least one noteworthy release. Perhaps most appealing to onlookers of the genre is the budding growth of some of the best emcees this generation has to offer.
On Dizzy Wright's second studio album The Growing Process, the 24-year old rapper makes an attempt at honing in his focus as an artist by establishing a moral constitution for his music to adhere to until further notice.
Beats. For most fans of rap music, they're just the background for the "real" action: the lyrics. To others, they can make or break a track completely. And to some, beats are music all by themselves.
After Yelawolf’s first major-label album Radioactive proved to be, well, just that; and failed to meet the standards set by his 2010 mixtape Trunk Muzik, it felt as though - with his second effort Love Story - an explanation or apology was due.
"Lord, my all, what you think of it? Been on this long road accumulating luggage. As time proceeds, preoccupied with everything, I think it's 'bout time that I sing of nothing."
Kendrick Lamar’s latest installment into his discography To Pimp a Butterfly has only been a part of the Hip Hop world less than a week and yet critics, fans, and fellow musicians alike aren’t shying away from heralding it as a modern day classic.
2013 was undoubtedly a great year for rap music. If you are a die-hard hip-hop head, you are probably praying that 2014 will continue along the same lines, if not one-up 2013.
As you're probably aware by now, Jay Z celebrated his 44th birthday today. We did a list of our own for Hov, looking at some of his top album tracks but the rapper decided to post a list of his own on his Life + Times blog, and it's definitely of interest.
- Kanye West Sends Taylor Swift Flowers464 Views13 Comments
- Mac Miller Unveils "GO:OD AM" Alarm Clock App With Exclusive New Music2,085 Views9 Comments
- Quiz: Hip-Hop History1,578 Views14 Comments
- The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness" First Week Sales Are In16,633 Views107 Comments
- Ty Dolla $ign Is Launching The Pre-Order For "Free T.C." Next Week2,579 Views13 Comments
- Ranking The Features On Travi$ Scott's "Rodeo"12,772 Views80 Comments
- John Wall Reportedly Paid $20,000 For A Graffiti Portrait Of Himself1,776 Views0 Comments
- Stream Scarface's New Album, "Deeply Rooted"2,974 Views18 Comments
- Staff Picks (September 4)1,448 Views6 Comments
- The 7 Best Air Jordans To Have In Your Collection For Labor Day Weekend1,254 Views0 Comments
- Kevin Gates Announces New Album "Islah" 6,495 Views61 Comments
- Stream K Camp's Debut Album "Only Way Is Up"4,560 Views19 Comments
- Mac Miller Says Rumored "GO:OD AM" Tracklist Is Fake7,014 Views25 Comments
- What’s New In Battle Rap (September 4)2,428 Views5 Comments
- Stream Travis Scott's Debut Album "Rodeo"46,935 Views401 Comments
You may also like...