After dominating the majority of the most recent millennium, Free Weezy Album marks Lil Wayne's first foray into generating music without the safety net of the Cash Money Records machine that helped make him.
The year 2015 is proving to be a landmark year for hip-hop, with seemingly every week having at least one noteworthy release. Perhaps most appealing to onlookers of the genre is the budding growth of some of the best emcees this generation has to offer.
On Dizzy Wright's second studio album The Growing Process, the 24-year old rapper makes an attempt at honing in his focus as an artist by establishing a moral constitution for his music to adhere to until further notice.
Beats. For most fans of rap music, they're just the background for the "real" action: the lyrics. To others, they can make or break a track completely. And to some, beats are music all by themselves.
After Yelawolf’s first major-label album Radioactive proved to be, well, just that; and failed to meet the standards set by his 2010 mixtape Trunk Muzik, it felt as though - with his second effort Love Story - an explanation or apology was due.
"Lord, my all, what you think of it? Been on this long road accumulating luggage. As time proceeds, preoccupied with everything, I think it's 'bout time that I sing of nothing."
Kendrick Lamar’s latest installment into his discography To Pimp a Butterfly has only been a part of the Hip Hop world less than a week and yet critics, fans, and fellow musicians alike aren’t shying away from heralding it as a modern day classic.
2013 was undoubtedly a great year for rap music. If you are a die-hard hip-hop head, you are probably praying that 2014 will continue along the same lines, if not one-up 2013.
As you're probably aware by now, Jay Z celebrated his 44th birthday today. We did a list of our own for Hov, looking at some of his top album tracks but the rapper decided to post a list of his own on his Life + Times blog, and it's definitely of interest.
- Young Thug Maintains That He & Lil Wayne Have No Problems212 Views8 Comments
- Young Chop Brawls With Security At A3C Festival4,015 Views24 Comments
- Flying Lotus Releases 39-Track "You're Dead!" Deluxe Edition3,994 Views14 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (October 9)3,055 Views9 Comments
- How Much A Co-Sign Cost? The Downside Of Collaborating With Drake & Kanye18,987 Views79 Comments
- Drake's "IYRTITL" Is 2015's Highest-Selling Digital Album Through Q3 By Far14,198 Views116 Comments
- Young Thug Doesn't Mind Being Called Gay21,086 Views125 Comments
- Tory Lanez Announces SwaveNation Tour With Boogie3,988 Views37 Comments
- Review: The Game's "Documentary 2"25,327 Views149 Comments
- Gilbert Arenas Won't Stop Trolling Derek Fisher And Matt Barnes On Instagram4,320 Views0 Comments
- Released 20 Years Ago, GZA's "Liquid Swords" Finally Goes Platinum5,684 Views36 Comments
- Eminem Sends Gift To Young Fan With Customized Eminem Prosthetic Legs8,740 Views32 Comments
- Koopsta Knicca Of Three 6 Mafia Dies Following Stroke9,132 Views49 Comments
- Stream The Game's "The Documentary 2"31,585 Views179 Comments
You may also like...