The numbers are in, and Jay-Z pulled through, as expected, with the #1 debut on the charts this week. Magna Carta Holy Grail actually moved more units than expected-- selling a whopping 528,208 copies opening week, according to HitsDailyDouble.
First Week Album Sales Are Here For Kanye West, J. Cole & Mac Miller [Update: Official SoundScan Numbers Revealed] Jun 26, 2013 at 11:32am
Here's what everyone's been waiting for. The first week sales for all those albums that dropped on June 18th have come in!
After setting a Spotify streaming record, with almost 10 million streams on its first day, the next question on everyone's mind: What kind of numbers will To Pimp a Butterfly move in its first week?
YG had a pretty strong debut album, which dropped a week ago today, My Krazy Life. The album brought that new West Coast sound to the masses, with plenty of DJ Mustard production and a cohesive theme tying it all together.
Drake's new album, Nothing Was The Same, arrived into the hands of fans early when it sprung a leak on Sunday evening. This seems to be inevitable in this day and age, and Drake is aware of it.
You've heard the singles, copped the album and read our review. Now all that's left for Jeezy's Seen It All: The Autobiography (besides award nominations) is the first week sales number, and it doesn't disappoint.
Jay-Z's "Magna Carta Holy Grail" First Week Sales Projections [Update: Jay Gets Platinum Plaque] Jul 9, 2013 at 12:09pm
Jay-Z has already acheived platinum status for Magna Carta Holy Grail, even before the LP dropped with the RIAA changing their regulations to accomodate the legendary rapper.
Late last week, we heard that Big K.R.I.T.'s newly-released album Cadillactica was on pace to sell 35,000 to 40,000 copies in its first week, which isn't bad in 2014.
Among a bevy of much poppier artists, G-Unit performed at this past weekend's iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas, and while backstage, the crew's de facto leader shared some of his thoughts on the gradual decline in record sales we've seen in the past few year
Taylor Swift's "1989" Projected To Have Best-Selling Week Since "The Eminem Show" Nov 1, 2014 at 10:27pm
Some general music news here for those among us who care about album sales: it has been officially announced that Taylor Swift's fifth studio album 1989 is on track to have the biggest-selling week for any album in any genre since The Eminem Show sold 1,
2015's looking better for big sellers in the record industry than its predecessor.
Maybach Music Group released their third compilation effort, Self Made Vol. 3, this past week on September 17th. Although they chose to drop on a date without much competition, their sales projections aren't that strong.
Slow and steady wins the race, or so they say. In an era of immediate consumption and instant gratification, we want something the second it becomes available, if not before.
While hip hop album sales keep on dropping (along with sales numbers in every other genre), the genre that's the namesake for this site seems to be flourishing in the world of music streaming, according to Nielsen's 2014 report.
Although some may argue that Billboard's methods of charting hit songs and album sales will always be obsolete in the age of illegal downloading, free mixtapes and streaming services, the company's actually made quite a few changes over the past few years to m
- Chance The Rapper & Social Experiment Drop "SURF" On iTunes; Available For Stream5,094 Views43 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Continues To Film "Alright" Video In Los Angeles5,188 Views38 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator, Snoop Dogg, Yelawolf & More To Play Riot Fest2,552 Views12 Comments
- 10 Essential RL Grime Tracks5,325 Views10 Comments
- John Wall Kicked Off Flight After One Of His Boys Threatened A Passenger3,725 Views0 Comments
- Chris Brown: "I Refuse To Be Petty & Attention-Seeking"14,604 Views60 Comments
- Stream Little Simz's "AGE 101: DROP 4" EP1,282 Views6 Comments
- Text Like Kanye West With The New 'YeBoard App6,966 Views18 Comments
- #TBT: Ludacris2,031 Views11 Comments
- Chance The Rapper's "SURF" Is Complete, Full Of Guest Appearances27,624 Views28 Comments
- Review: A$AP Rocky's "A.L.L.A."22,600 Views213 Comments
- Dwight Howard Says He's 'Still A Champion' After Blowout Loss2,468 Views0 Comments
- Fun Fun Fun Fest Announces Lineup, Feat. Wu-Tang Clan, Schoolboy Q & More2,869 Views8 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Reminisces About Odd Future, Says OFWGKTA Is "No More"23,453 Views34 Comments
- Kid Cudi Says There Will Be No Features On "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven"9,514 Views62 Comments
You may also like...
- Drake Shouts Out Amir Obe in Detroit1,356 Views
- Word On The Street: ASAP Rocky's "A.L.L.A."5,389 Views