The numbers are in, and Jay-Z pulled through, as expected, with the #1 debut on the charts this week. Magna Carta Holy Grail actually moved more units than expected-- selling a whopping 528,208 copies opening week, according to HitsDailyDouble.
First Week Album Sales Are Here For Kanye West, J. Cole & Mac Miller [Update: Official SoundScan Numbers Revealed] Jun 26, 2013 at 11:32am
Here's what everyone's been waiting for. The first week sales for all those albums that dropped on June 18th have come in!
After setting a Spotify streaming record, with almost 10 million streams on its first day, the next question on everyone's mind: What kind of numbers will To Pimp a Butterfly move in its first week?
Dr. Dre's Compton: The Soundtrack dropped Friday, his first album in 16 years and his "grand finale," and as you might expect it is projected to do huge numbers its first week.
YG had a pretty strong debut album, which dropped a week ago today, My Krazy Life. The album brought that new West Coast sound to the masses, with plenty of DJ Mustard production and a cohesive theme tying it all together.
Announcing his third album Dirty Sprite 2 (or rather DS2 for copyright reasons) just about a week in advance of its release date, Future was banking on his rapidly-growing fanbase and mixtape momentum to give him a win on the charts.
Drake's new album, Nothing Was The Same, arrived into the hands of fans early when it sprung a leak on Sunday evening. This seems to be inevitable in this day and age, and Drake is aware of it.
You've heard the singles, copped the album and read our review. Now all that's left for Jeezy's Seen It All: The Autobiography (besides award nominations) is the first week sales number, and it doesn't disappoint.
After a couple delays and name changes, Migos finally released their highly anticipated debut album last month called Yung Rich Nation. While the rollout process was a bit of a mess, unfortunately the first week album sales represent that as well.
Jay-Z's "Magna Carta Holy Grail" First Week Sales Projections [Update: Jay Gets Platinum Plaque] Jul 9, 2013 at 12:09pm
Jay-Z has already acheived platinum status for Magna Carta Holy Grail, even before the LP dropped with the RIAA changing their regulations to accomodate the legendary rapper.
Late last week, we heard that Big K.R.I.T.'s newly-released album Cadillactica was on pace to sell 35,000 to 40,000 copies in its first week, which isn't bad in 2014.
Taylor Swift's "1989" Projected To Have Best-Selling Week Since "The Eminem Show" Nov 1, 2014 at 10:27pm
Some general music news here for those among us who care about album sales: it has been officially announced that Taylor Swift's fifth studio album 1989 is on track to have the biggest-selling week for any album in any genre since The Eminem Show sold 1,
Among a bevy of much poppier artists, G-Unit performed at this past weekend's iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas, and while backstage, the crew's de facto leader shared some of his thoughts on the gradual decline in record sales we've seen in the past few year
2015's looking better for big sellers in the record industry than its predecessor.
Maybach Music Group released their third compilation effort, Self Made Vol. 3, this past week on September 17th. Although they chose to drop on a date without much competition, their sales projections aren't that strong.
Slow and steady wins the race, or so they say. In an era of immediate consumption and instant gratification, we want something the second it becomes available, if not before.
While hip hop album sales keep on dropping (along with sales numbers in every other genre), the genre that's the namesake for this site seems to be flourishing in the world of music streaming, according to Nielsen's 2014 report.
Although some may argue that Billboard's methods of charting hit songs and album sales will always be obsolete in the age of illegal downloading, free mixtapes and streaming services, the company's actually made quite a few changes over the past few years to m
- Stream The Game's "The Documentary 2"8,693 Views100 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Shares "Kunta's Groove Sessions" Tour Dates, Jay Rock To Support12,614 Views99 Comments
- Young Chop Calls Out Kanye West For Using Chicago Artists30,170 Views163 Comments
- Beyonce, Jay Z, Kanye West, Rihanna & Pharrell All Suing French Clothing Company24,410 Views44 Comments
- The Game Don't Change: The Making Of "The Documentary 2"19,248 Views39 Comments
- Eminem Writes Essay On The Genius Of Tupac13,312 Views81 Comments
- Karrueche Tran Says Dating Chris Brown Has Made It Harder To Get Work36,577 Views103 Comments
- #TBT: Tech N9ne's Early Singles3,827 Views24 Comments
- GoldLink Announces Debut Album, Shares First Single4,301 Views14 Comments
- Quiz: How Well Do You Know The Game's "The Documentary"?9,258 Views35 Comments
- First Look At The Toronto Raptors' 'OVO' Alternate Jersey For This Season3,680 Views0 Comments
- N.W.A. & Janet Jackson Nominated For Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame3,139 Views26 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa's "See You Again" Becomes First Rap Video To Hit 1 Billion Views24,499 Views150 Comments
- Vince Staples & Mac Miller Discuss White Rappers & How They Fit Into Hip-Hop15,246 Views76 Comments