The numbers are in, and Jay-Z pulled through, as expected, with the #1 debut on the charts this week. Magna Carta Holy Grail actually moved more units than expected-- selling a whopping 528,208 copies opening week, according to HitsDailyDouble.
First Week Album Sales Are Here For Kanye West, J. Cole & Mac Miller [Update: Official SoundScan Numbers Revealed] Jun 26, 2013 at 11:32am
Here's what everyone's been waiting for. The first week sales for all those albums that dropped on June 18th have come in!
YG had a pretty strong debut album, which dropped a week ago today, My Krazy Life. The album brought that new West Coast sound to the masses, with plenty of DJ Mustard production and a cohesive theme tying it all together.
Drake's new album, Nothing Was The Same, arrived into the hands of fans early when it sprung a leak on Sunday evening. This seems to be inevitable in this day and age, and Drake is aware of it.
After setting a Spotify streaming record, with almost 10 million streams on its first day, the next question on everyone's mind: What kind of numbers will To Pimp a Butterfly move in its first week?
You've heard the singles, copped the album and read our review. Now all that's left for Jeezy's Seen It All: The Autobiography (besides award nominations) is the first week sales number, and it doesn't disappoint.
Jay-Z's "Magna Carta Holy Grail" First Week Sales Projections [Update: Jay Gets Platinum Plaque] Jul 9, 2013 at 12:09pm
Jay-Z has already acheived platinum status for Magna Carta Holy Grail, even before the LP dropped with the RIAA changing their regulations to accomodate the legendary rapper.
Among a bevy of much poppier artists, G-Unit performed at this past weekend's iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas, and while backstage, the crew's de facto leader shared some of his thoughts on the gradual decline in record sales we've seen in the past few year
Late last week, we heard that Big K.R.I.T.'s newly-released album Cadillactica was on pace to sell 35,000 to 40,000 copies in its first week, which isn't bad in 2014.
Taylor Swift's "1989" Projected To Have Best-Selling Week Since "The Eminem Show" Nov 1, 2014 at 10:27pm
Some general music news here for those among us who care about album sales: it has been officially announced that Taylor Swift's fifth studio album 1989 is on track to have the biggest-selling week for any album in any genre since The Eminem Show sold 1,
Maybach Music Group released their third compilation effort, Self Made Vol. 3, this past week on September 17th. Although they chose to drop on a date without much competition, their sales projections aren't that strong.
Slow and steady wins the race, or so they say. In an era of immediate consumption and instant gratification, we want something the second it becomes available, if not before.
Although some may argue that Billboard's methods of charting hit songs and album sales will always be obsolete in the age of illegal downloading, free mixtapes and streaming services, the company's actually made quite a few changes over the past few years to m
- Kendrick Lamar's "King Kunta" Video Is Premiering Today In Times Square1,099 Views9 Comments
- T-Pain Explains Why His Aaliyah Collaboration Didn't Make The Mixtape1,308 Views5 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Explains "The Blacker The Berry", "Mortal Man" & More1,965 Views7 Comments
- 5 Things You Should Know About TIDAL4,827 Views23 Comments
- Kevin Gates Gets Into Physical Altercation With Two Women6,004 Views33 Comments
- Rick Ross & DJ Khaled Talk New Meek Mill Album, Announce "Self Made, Vol. 4"8,023 Views34 Comments
- T-Pain's "The Iron Way" Review4,984 Views25 Comments
- Beyonce Posts Snippet Of New Song With Jay Z On Instagram6,378 Views12 Comments
- Tyga Got Served At His LA Gear Release Party7,661 Views0 Comments
- Stream Jodeci's "The Past, The Present, The Future" Album 1,836 Views4 Comments
- Twitter Reacts To Chris Paul's 'Death' By Crossover4,444 Views0 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: March3,113 Views6 Comments
- Gilbert Arenas Denies Owning A Marijuana Dispensary 5,358 Views0 Comments
- Is There A Waka Flocka Sex Tape?20,019 Views51 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Reveals Meaning Behind "To Pimp A Butterfly" Album Title31,057 Views69 Comments
You may also like...