After setting a Spotify streaming record, with almost 10 million streams on its first day, the next question on everyone's mind: What kind of numbers will To Pimp a Butterfly move in its first week?
Although some may argue that Billboard's methods of charting hit songs and album sales will always be obsolete in the age of illegal downloading, free mixtapes and streaming services, the company's actually made quite a few changes over the past few years to m
Late last week, we heard that Big K.R.I.T.'s newly-released album Cadillactica was on pace to sell 35,000 to 40,000 copies in its first week, which isn't bad in 2014.
Taylor Swift's "1989" Projected To Have Best-Selling Week Since "The Eminem Show" Nov 1, 2014 at 10:27pm
Some general music news here for those among us who care about album sales: it has been officially announced that Taylor Swift's fifth studio album 1989 is on track to have the biggest-selling week for any album in any genre since The Eminem Show sold 1,
Among a bevy of much poppier artists, G-Unit performed at this past weekend's iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas, and while backstage, the crew's de facto leader shared some of his thoughts on the gradual decline in record sales we've seen in the past few year
You've heard the singles, copped the album and read our review. Now all that's left for Jeezy's Seen It All: The Autobiography (besides award nominations) is the first week sales number, and it doesn't disappoint.
Slow and steady wins the race, or so they say. In an era of immediate consumption and instant gratification, we want something the second it becomes available, if not before.
YG had a pretty strong debut album, which dropped a week ago today, My Krazy Life. The album brought that new West Coast sound to the masses, with plenty of DJ Mustard production and a cohesive theme tying it all together.
Maybach Music Group released their third compilation effort, Self Made Vol. 3, this past week on September 17th. Although they chose to drop on a date without much competition, their sales projections aren't that strong.
Drake's new album, Nothing Was The Same, arrived into the hands of fans early when it sprung a leak on Sunday evening. This seems to be inevitable in this day and age, and Drake is aware of it.
The numbers are in, and Jay-Z pulled through, as expected, with the #1 debut on the charts this week. Magna Carta Holy Grail actually moved more units than expected-- selling a whopping 528,208 copies opening week, according to HitsDailyDouble.
Jay-Z's "Magna Carta Holy Grail" First Week Sales Projections [Update: Jay Gets Platinum Plaque] Jul 9, 2013 at 12:09pm
Jay-Z has already acheived platinum status for Magna Carta Holy Grail, even before the LP dropped with the RIAA changing their regulations to accomodate the legendary rapper.
First Week Album Sales Are Here For Kanye West, J. Cole & Mac Miller [Update: Official SoundScan Numbers Revealed] Jun 26, 2013 at 11:32am
Here's what everyone's been waiting for. The first week sales for all those albums that dropped on June 18th have come in!
- Rihanna's 10 Hardest Hip Hop Tracks1,370 Views5 Comments
- De La Soul Launch Kickstarter For First Album In A Decade462 Views5 Comments
- Waka Flocka Announces "Salute Me Or Shoot Me 5" Mixtape Release Date1,494 Views10 Comments
- A History Of Wiz Khalifa X Curren$y Collabs2,154 Views14 Comments
- 50 Cent & French Montana Clown Each Other On Instagram13,893 Views53 Comments
- Action Bronson Announces "Mr. Wonderful" World Tour2,487 Views9 Comments
- The Game Allegedly Punches Man During Pro-Am Basketball Game4,714 Views21 Comments
- Top Tracks Of The Week: March 25 - March 301,376 Views2 Comments
- A$AP Rocky Covers Complex4,765 Views14 Comments
- Leaked Images Of Jordan Brand's Summer '15 Lineup2,611 Views0 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa & Curren$y Announce Joint "#2009" Mixtape6,454 Views36 Comments
- 30 Essential Future Mixtape Tracks7,088 Views16 Comments
- Kanye West, Rihanna & Nicki Minaj Support Launch Of Jay Z's TIDAL Streaming Service8,578 Views30 Comments
- Lollapalooza And Coachella Ban Selfie Sticks8,142 Views38 Comments
- 10 Essential MellowHigh Tracks5,562 Views4 Comments
You may also like...