It’s been a long road to the top for Big Sean. Back in 2005 after hearing Kanye West was going to be at a local radio station in Detroit for an interview, Big Sean headed down there to chance fate. Two years later he signed with G.O.O.D.
Two years ago, Jay-Z and Kanye West joined forces and crowned themselves the kings of rap. After an extensive worldwide Watch The Throne tour, the two went back to their separate careers to work on solo projects.
June 18th might as well have been Christmas Day for hip-hop fans. Kanye West’s highly anticipated album Yeezus finally hit the shelves. Determined to go against one of the heavyweights of rap, J.
Few rappers get a second life in the rap game. It’s nearly unheard of to lap around the competition a third time around. But then again Juicy J is not the typical rapper.
Joey Bada$$ is a young Brooklyn emcee who was influenced by those who came before him from his region, the same way most young rappers from any region show clear influence from those who came before them in their region.
A weird thing happens when an artist gets signed to a major label. It seems, no matter how talented they are, no matter how much their fans are willing to support, debut albums almost always come up short. There have been exceptions, of course.
Bobby Ray is often cited as one of today’s underrated rappers. In the past, his hip hop game has come under fire for infusing pop and rock into his music. He’s also been dubbed a “sell-out” many a time, for creating radio winners.
On paper, stone cold gangster Freddie Gibbs and alt-hop producer Madlib have little in common. But after releasing several highly enjoyable EPs beginning in 2011, it quickly became apparent that the duo were capable of vibing off one another.
It’s been hard to turn on the radio in the past year or so and not hear French Montana’s rich yet slurred delivery coming through the speakers.
2012 was an eye-opening year for Snoop Dogg. So much so that the West Coast rapper held a press conference in July to publicly announce that, after spending some time in the Caribbean island of Jamaica, he was a changed man.
When Royce da 5’9” and DJ Premier announced that they’d be making an entire project together, hip-hop heads everywhere got excited. Premier is a legendary figure in hip-hop and Royce is widely revered for his ability to spit quality bars.
Smoke DZA fans have seen the Harlem rapper’s growth from his last few projects. He went from hard-hitting straight-laced lyrics in George Kush Da Button to a street storyteller in Rugby Thompson.
Freddie Gibbs is a veteran in the rap game but it’s taken him a decade to put out his first studio album. Cutting his teeth on the mixtape circuit, Gibbs released a steady stream of solid projects rife with stories of the drug game.
“Prince Akeem, they throw flowers at my feet, nigga!” Drake declares in the intro of his third album.
Kid Cudi has never been one to hold his tongue or boast modestly. The Cleveland native is infamous for his onstage rants and mid-performance meltdowns. So it should come as no surprise, when talking about his fourth studio album, Cudi likened Indicud to Dr.
Since 1993, Sean “Diddy” Combs has always kept his finger on the pulse of trends in hip-hop music. When he founded Bad Boy, he assembled a roster that included one of the greatest rappers of all time.
Justin Timberlake fans are still basking in the martini-drinking, suit-wearing, gold-plated visions of The 20/20 Experience, but the pop crooner’s sights are already set on the steamy after party.
- 21 Rappers That Were Influenced By Nas' "Illmatic"1,952 Views22 Comments
- Gucci Mane Announces Upcoming Album With Diplo2,416 Views18 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Settles 2013 Assault Case2,640 Views4 Comments
- Quavo & Offset Of Migos Arrested During Concert At Georgia Southern University20,146 Views48 Comments
- The Weeknd Brings Out Kanye West At Coachella9,795 Views34 Comments
- Victim in Suge Knight Hit-And-Run Incident Blames Self For Terry Carter's Death12,934 Views40 Comments
- TIDAL Just Sacked Its CEO39,809 Views94 Comments
- Underrated Audio: April 11 - April 173,385 Views1 Comment
- 10 Essential Father Tracks6,886 Views16 Comments
- Jeremih Sued Over "Don't Tell 'Em" Artwork13,775 Views28 Comments
- Jordan Brand Gave Nicki Minaj Her Own 'Pink Print' Air Jordans4,266 Views0 Comments
- Ranking The NBA Playoffs Series' From Least To Most Compelling2,760 Views0 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: April 189,386 Views29 Comments
- Curtis Williams & Key! Arrested On Felony Charges12,992 Views28 Comments
- Stream Berner & B-Real's New EP "Prohibition 2"4,802 Views3 Comments
You may also like...
- Told Y'all481 Views