It’s been a long road to the top for Big Sean. Back in 2005 after hearing Kanye West was going to be at a local radio station in Detroit for an interview, Big Sean headed down there to chance fate. Two years later he signed with G.O.O.D.
Two years ago, Jay-Z and Kanye West joined forces and crowned themselves the kings of rap. After an extensive worldwide Watch The Throne tour, the two went back to their separate careers to work on solo projects.
June 18th might as well have been Christmas Day for hip-hop fans. Kanye West’s highly anticipated album Yeezus finally hit the shelves. Determined to go against one of the heavyweights of rap, J.
Few rappers get a second life in the rap game. It’s nearly unheard of to lap around the competition a third time around. But then again Juicy J is not the typical rapper.
Joey Bada$$ is a young Brooklyn emcee who was influenced by those who came before him from his region, the same way most young rappers from any region show clear influence from those who came before them in their region.
A weird thing happens when an artist gets signed to a major label. It seems, no matter how talented they are, no matter how much their fans are willing to support, debut albums almost always come up short. There have been exceptions, of course.
Bobby Ray is often cited as one of today’s underrated rappers. In the past, his hip hop game has come under fire for infusing pop and rock into his music. He’s also been dubbed a “sell-out” many a time, for creating radio winners.
On paper, stone cold gangster Freddie Gibbs and alt-hop producer Madlib have little in common. But after releasing several highly enjoyable EPs beginning in 2011, it quickly became apparent that the duo were capable of vibing off one another.
It’s been hard to turn on the radio in the past year or so and not hear French Montana’s rich yet slurred delivery coming through the speakers.
2012 was an eye-opening year for Snoop Dogg. So much so that the West Coast rapper held a press conference in July to publicly announce that, after spending some time in the Caribbean island of Jamaica, he was a changed man.
When Royce da 5’9” and DJ Premier announced that they’d be making an entire project together, hip-hop heads everywhere got excited. Premier is a legendary figure in hip-hop and Royce is widely revered for his ability to spit quality bars.
Smoke DZA fans have seen the Harlem rapper’s growth from his last few projects. He went from hard-hitting straight-laced lyrics in George Kush Da Button to a street storyteller in Rugby Thompson.
Freddie Gibbs is a veteran in the rap game but it’s taken him a decade to put out his first studio album. Cutting his teeth on the mixtape circuit, Gibbs released a steady stream of solid projects rife with stories of the drug game.
“Prince Akeem, they throw flowers at my feet, nigga!” Drake declares in the intro of his third album.
Since 1993, Sean “Diddy” Combs has always kept his finger on the pulse of trends in hip-hop music. When he founded Bad Boy, he assembled a roster that included one of the greatest rappers of all time.
Kid Cudi has never been one to hold his tongue or boast modestly. The Cleveland native is infamous for his onstage rants and mid-performance meltdowns. So it should come as no surprise, when talking about his fourth studio album, Cudi likened Indicud to Dr.
Justin Timberlake fans are still basking in the martini-drinking, suit-wearing, gold-plated visions of The 20/20 Experience, but the pop crooner’s sights are already set on the steamy after party.
- Dr. Dre's Beats 1 Radio Show Debuts Today605 Views5 Comments
- Meek Mill Disses Joe Budden Over Comments About His Relationship With Nicki Minaj24,500 Views103 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album" On Tidal83,555 Views484 Comments
- Album Cover & Tracklist Revealed For Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album"62,253 Views138 Comments
- Joe Budden On Meek Mill's Affection For Nicki Minaj: "I Hate Everything About It"50,576 Views72 Comments
- Run The Jewels Have A Weekly Beats 1 Radio Show & It Starts Tonight1,748 Views3 Comments
- Classic Rotation: D'Angelo's "Brown Sugar"2,524 Views8 Comments
- Young Thug Delays "Slime Season" Mixtape: "Sorry 4 The Wait!"37,189 Views152 Comments
- All-Black Colorway Of The Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost To Release This Fall3,890 Views0 Comments
- Review: Vince Staples' "Summertime '06"10,289 Views65 Comments
- Chris Brown & The Mother Of His Child Go Back & Forth On Instagram29,358 Views67 Comments
- Stream Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge's "Twelve Reasons To Die II"3,079 Views6 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (June 27 - July 3)6,584 Views6 Comments
- Diddy's Assault Case Rejected By District Attorney8,376 Views18 Comments
- Eminem Debuts Official Video For “Phenomenal” On Apple Music10,828 Views29 Comments
You may also like...