Joey Bada$$ is a young Brooklyn emcee who was influenced by those who came before him from his region, the same way most young rappers from any region show clear influence from those who came before them in their region.
When Royce da 5’9” and DJ Premier announced that they’d be making an entire project together, hip-hop heads everywhere got excited. Premier is a legendary figure in hip-hop and Royce is widely revered for his ability to spit quality bars.
A weird thing happens when an artist gets signed to a major label. It seems, no matter how talented they are, no matter how much their fans are willing to support, debut albums almost always come up short. There have been exceptions, of course.
Smoke DZA fans have seen the Harlem rapper’s growth from his last few projects. He went from hard-hitting straight-laced lyrics in George Kush Da Button to a street storyteller in Rugby Thompson.
On paper, stone cold gangster Freddie Gibbs and alt-hop producer Madlib have little in common. But after releasing several highly enjoyable EPs beginning in 2011, it quickly became apparent that the duo were capable of vibing off one another.
Bobby Ray is often cited as one of today’s underrated rappers. In the past, his hip hop game has come under fire for infusing pop and rock into his music. He’s also been dubbed a “sell-out” many a time, for creating radio winners.
Justin Timberlake fans are still basking in the martini-drinking, suit-wearing, gold-plated visions of The 20/20 Experience, but the pop crooner’s sights are already set on the steamy after party.
“Prince Akeem, they throw flowers at my feet, nigga!” Drake declares in the intro of his third album.
Few rappers get a second life in the rap game. It’s nearly unheard of to lap around the competition a third time around. But then again Juicy J is not the typical rapper.
It’s been a long road to the top for Big Sean. Back in 2005 after hearing Kanye West was going to be at a local radio station in Detroit for an interview, Big Sean headed down there to chance fate. Two years later he signed with G.O.O.D.
Two years ago, Jay-Z and Kanye West joined forces and crowned themselves the kings of rap. After an extensive worldwide Watch The Throne tour, the two went back to their separate careers to work on solo projects.
Freddie Gibbs is a veteran in the rap game but it’s taken him a decade to put out his first studio album. Cutting his teeth on the mixtape circuit, Gibbs released a steady stream of solid projects rife with stories of the drug game.
June 18th might as well have been Christmas Day for hip-hop fans. Kanye West’s highly anticipated album Yeezus finally hit the shelves. Determined to go against one of the heavyweights of rap, J.
It’s been hard to turn on the radio in the past year or so and not hear French Montana’s rich yet slurred delivery coming through the speakers.
Since 1993, Sean “Diddy” Combs has always kept his finger on the pulse of trends in hip-hop music. When he founded Bad Boy, he assembled a roster that included one of the greatest rappers of all time.
2012 was an eye-opening year for Snoop Dogg. So much so that the West Coast rapper held a press conference in July to publicly announce that, after spending some time in the Caribbean island of Jamaica, he was a changed man.
Kid Cudi has never been one to hold his tongue or boast modestly. The Cleveland native is infamous for his onstage rants and mid-performance meltdowns. So it should come as no surprise, when talking about his fourth studio album, Cudi likened Indicud to Dr.
- Young Thug Delays "Slime Season" Mixtape: "Sorry 4 The Wait!"5,149 Views50 Comments
- All-Black Colorway Of The Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost To Release This Fall1,290 Views0 Comments
- Review: Vince Staples' "Summertime '06"3,663 Views32 Comments
- Chris Brown & The Mother Of His Child Go Back & Forth On Instagram14,148 Views45 Comments
- Stream Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge's "Twelve Reasons To Die II"1,491 Views6 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (June 27 - July 3)3,848 Views4 Comments
- Diddy's Assault Case Rejected By District Attorney5,528 Views17 Comments
- Eminem Debuts Official Video For “Phenomenal” On Apple Music8,045 Views27 Comments
- 10 Luxury Raps Found On Tyga's "The Gold Album"16,635 Views47 Comments
- Childish Gambino's "Atlanta" TV Show Gets A Cast12,306 Views3 Comments
- Rae Sremmurd Say 2nd Album Dropping In December, Wiz Khalifa Collab Coming Soon14,851 Views33 Comments
- Gucci Mane Announces "The Stars Of The Trap" Tour17,262 Views34 Comments
- Real Vs. Fake 'Shattered Backboard' Air Jordan 1769 Views0 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Responds To Fox News Criticism Of BET Awards Performance43,461 Views149 Comments
- Review: Meek Mill's "Dreams Worth More Than Money"36,099 Views266 Comments
You may also like...
- King Los "Toca Tuesday" Freestyle1,859 Views