After dominating the majority of the most recent millennium, Free Weezy Album marks Lil Wayne's first foray into generating music without the safety net of the Cash Money Records machine that helped make him.
Joey Bada$$ is a young Brooklyn emcee who was influenced by those who came before him from his region, the same way most young rappers from any region show clear influence from those who came before them in their region.
When Royce da 5’9” and DJ Premier announced that they’d be making an entire project together, hip-hop heads everywhere got excited. Premier is a legendary figure in hip-hop and Royce is widely revered for his ability to spit quality bars.
A weird thing happens when an artist gets signed to a major label. It seems, no matter how talented they are, no matter how much their fans are willing to support, debut albums almost always come up short. There have been exceptions, of course.
Smoke DZA fans have seen the Harlem rapper’s growth from his last few projects. He went from hard-hitting straight-laced lyrics in George Kush Da Button to a street storyteller in Rugby Thompson.
On paper, stone cold gangster Freddie Gibbs and alt-hop producer Madlib have little in common. But after releasing several highly enjoyable EPs beginning in 2011, it quickly became apparent that the duo were capable of vibing off one another.
Bobby Ray is often cited as one of today’s underrated rappers. In the past, his hip hop game has come under fire for infusing pop and rock into his music. He’s also been dubbed a “sell-out” many a time, for creating radio winners.
Justin Timberlake fans are still basking in the martini-drinking, suit-wearing, gold-plated visions of The 20/20 Experience, but the pop crooner’s sights are already set on the steamy after party.
“Prince Akeem, they throw flowers at my feet, nigga!” Drake declares in the intro of his third album.
Few rappers get a second life in the rap game. It’s nearly unheard of to lap around the competition a third time around. But then again Juicy J is not the typical rapper.
It’s been a long road to the top for Big Sean. Back in 2005 after hearing Kanye West was going to be at a local radio station in Detroit for an interview, Big Sean headed down there to chance fate. Two years later he signed with G.O.O.D.
Two years ago, Jay-Z and Kanye West joined forces and crowned themselves the kings of rap. After an extensive worldwide Watch The Throne tour, the two went back to their separate careers to work on solo projects.
Freddie Gibbs is a veteran in the rap game but it’s taken him a decade to put out his first studio album. Cutting his teeth on the mixtape circuit, Gibbs released a steady stream of solid projects rife with stories of the drug game.
June 18th might as well have been Christmas Day for hip-hop fans. Kanye West’s highly anticipated album Yeezus finally hit the shelves. Determined to go against one of the heavyweights of rap, J.
It’s been hard to turn on the radio in the past year or so and not hear French Montana’s rich yet slurred delivery coming through the speakers.
Since 1993, Sean “Diddy” Combs has always kept his finger on the pulse of trends in hip-hop music. When he founded Bad Boy, he assembled a roster that included one of the greatest rappers of all time.
2012 was an eye-opening year for Snoop Dogg. So much so that the West Coast rapper held a press conference in July to publicly announce that, after spending some time in the Caribbean island of Jamaica, he was a changed man.
Kid Cudi has never been one to hold his tongue or boast modestly. The Cleveland native is infamous for his onstage rants and mid-performance meltdowns. So it should come as no surprise, when talking about his fourth studio album, Cudi likened Indicud to Dr.
- Andre 3000 Joins Cast Of ABC’s “American Crime” Series335 Views5 Comments
- Azealia Banks Adds Her Two Cents To The Meek Mill & Drake Debate26,648 Views130 Comments
- 140 Bars: Top Tweets Of The Week (July 25 - 31)5,460 Views0 Comments
- Top-5 August Sneaker Releases To Watch For1,804 Views0 Comments
- Meek Mill Is Charlamagne's "Donkey Of The Day"30,689 Views110 Comments
- French Montana Logs Studio Time With Justin Bieber & Mariah Carey4,130 Views25 Comments
- Stream Lil Debbie's "Home Grown" EP2,172 Views5 Comments
- Everything We Know About Drake Getting Peed On41,123 Views198 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (July 31)5,550 Views8 Comments
- Meek Mill Sends More Shots At Drake & Quentin Miller On Instagram 90,918 Views344 Comments
- Lance Stephenson Releases A New Song, Says He's The Best Ballin' Rapper In The Game2,504 Views0 Comments
- Twitter Reacts To Meek Mill's Drake Diss Track "Wanna Know"66,619 Views237 Comments
- Stream Roy Wood$ New EP "Exis"12,331 Views28 Comments
- Drake Responds To Meek’s Diss Record On Instagram100,691 Views362 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Confirms Joint Album With Lil B12,971 Views49 Comments