Joey Bada$$ is a young Brooklyn emcee who was influenced by those who came before him from his region, the same way most young rappers from any region show clear influence from those who came before them in their region.
When Royce da 5’9” and DJ Premier announced that they’d be making an entire project together, hip-hop heads everywhere got excited. Premier is a legendary figure in hip-hop and Royce is widely revered for his ability to spit quality bars.
A weird thing happens when an artist gets signed to a major label. It seems, no matter how talented they are, no matter how much their fans are willing to support, debut albums almost always come up short. There have been exceptions, of course.
Smoke DZA fans have seen the Harlem rapper’s growth from his last few projects. He went from hard-hitting straight-laced lyrics in George Kush Da Button to a street storyteller in Rugby Thompson.
On paper, stone cold gangster Freddie Gibbs and alt-hop producer Madlib have little in common. But after releasing several highly enjoyable EPs beginning in 2011, it quickly became apparent that the duo were capable of vibing off one another.
Bobby Ray is often cited as one of today’s underrated rappers. In the past, his hip hop game has come under fire for infusing pop and rock into his music. He’s also been dubbed a “sell-out” many a time, for creating radio winners.
Justin Timberlake fans are still basking in the martini-drinking, suit-wearing, gold-plated visions of The 20/20 Experience, but the pop crooner’s sights are already set on the steamy after party.
“Prince Akeem, they throw flowers at my feet, nigga!” Drake declares in the intro of his third album.
Few rappers get a second life in the rap game. It’s nearly unheard of to lap around the competition a third time around. But then again Juicy J is not the typical rapper.
It’s been a long road to the top for Big Sean. Back in 2005 after hearing Kanye West was going to be at a local radio station in Detroit for an interview, Big Sean headed down there to chance fate. Two years later he signed with G.O.O.D.
Two years ago, Jay-Z and Kanye West joined forces and crowned themselves the kings of rap. After an extensive worldwide Watch The Throne tour, the two went back to their separate careers to work on solo projects.
Freddie Gibbs is a veteran in the rap game but it’s taken him a decade to put out his first studio album. Cutting his teeth on the mixtape circuit, Gibbs released a steady stream of solid projects rife with stories of the drug game.
June 18th might as well have been Christmas Day for hip-hop fans. Kanye West’s highly anticipated album Yeezus finally hit the shelves. Determined to go against one of the heavyweights of rap, J.
It’s been hard to turn on the radio in the past year or so and not hear French Montana’s rich yet slurred delivery coming through the speakers.
Since 1993, Sean “Diddy” Combs has always kept his finger on the pulse of trends in hip-hop music. When he founded Bad Boy, he assembled a roster that included one of the greatest rappers of all time.
2012 was an eye-opening year for Snoop Dogg. So much so that the West Coast rapper held a press conference in July to publicly announce that, after spending some time in the Caribbean island of Jamaica, he was a changed man.
Kid Cudi has never been one to hold his tongue or boast modestly. The Cleveland native is infamous for his onstage rants and mid-performance meltdowns. So it should come as no surprise, when talking about his fourth studio album, Cudi likened Indicud to Dr.
- Joey Bada$$ Announces 1st Annual "Steez Day" Festival421 Views1 Comment
- Troy Ave Reveals "Major Without A Deal" Artwork1,199 Views15 Comments
- Kehlani Signs With Atlantic; Starts "Tsunami Mob" Imprint1,418 Views2 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For Ciara's "Jackie"2,322 Views12 Comments
- Nail Emojis Are Now Flooding Young Thug's Instagram16,023 Views72 Comments
- Wale And Fashion Retailer 'Villa' Have A Collab In The Works540 Views0 Comments
- Nothing Was The Same: Ranking Drake's Remixes10,509 Views41 Comments
- Young Thug Responds To The Game's Threat, Game Replies58,265 Views186 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Talks About His Craziest Experiences On Mushrooms8,340 Views15 Comments
- Noah Breakfast Talks Tory Lanez & Rare MP3s2,373 Views1 Comment
- Fetty Wap Explains How Drake Ended Up Remixing "My Way"9,352 Views23 Comments
- Cher Says Kanye West Personally Thanked Her For Auto-Tune4,081 Views7 Comments
- Chris Paul's Top-10 Air Jordans360 Views0 Comments
- Miguel Announces "WildHeart" Release Date2,749 Views5 Comments
- Hump Day Playlist2,590 Views3 Comments
You may also like...