It seems Eminem turned down a leading role in the upcoming Hollywood science fiction film "Elysium" because his native city of Detroit wasn't chosen as the film's primary location. The lead role was instead given to Matt Damon, who was actually director Neil
Gucci Mane made headlines yesterday, hilariously enough, when it was revealed by the director of "Spring Breakers," Harmony Korine, that the rapper fell asleep during his sex scene in the film. Yesterday we heard the details of what transpired on the set that
The phrase "it's a movie" is used pretty often in the rap game to describe an epic or cinematic piece of music, but less often do rappers actually produce films themselves.
Nicki Minaj will have her first bit part in a major motion picture this year, with her role in "The Other Woman". The film, which also stars Cameron Diaz and Kate Upton, find Nicki playing the part of Diaz' character's secretary.
As an actor, T.I. already has a stellar resumé that includes roles in "ATL," "American Gangster" and "Identity Thief," as well as his several stints in the reality TV world.
Childish Gambino Set To Write & Star In FX Comedy Series Involving Atlanta Music Scene Aug 6, 2013 at 03:57pm
Childish Gambino, also known as Donald Glover, announced recently that he would be taking a step back from comedy in order to focus on music. He now seems to be going back on his word, revealing plans for a new series for FX called "Atlanta".
Rappers' feature film debuts are rarely as successful as T.I.'s in ATL. The 2006 film, directed by prolific music video director Christopher Robinson, earned pretty good reviews, and a cult-like appreciation upon release.
We first saw 2 Chainz' acting chops when he appeared on an episode of "2 Broke Girls." Now the rapper returns to the small screen, with a cameo in a "Law & Order: SVU" episode.
This year's already brought two bits of great news for fans of Donald Glover (or Childish Gambino)'s acting talents.
After her recent stint on FOX's "American Idol", Nicki Minaj has made her presense known in both the music scene and on the small screen.
Calling all of Childish Gambino's female fans -- you may soon get the chance to see your boy play a stripper in a movie.
Tupac has been immortalized by many, whether it's through music or through film. Gillie Da Kid will continue the tradition by playing the legendary rapper in an upcoming film about Suge Knight.
By now, you probably know that A$AP Rocky has a role in the independent film "Dope," and that the film sold for $7 million following a successful showing at Sundance Film Festival.
As of right now, Rihanna's acting experience is limited to a hilarious cameo in "This Is The End" and a role in the ill-fated board game adaptation "Battleship." Her resumé is not exactly exceptional in that department, but it didn't stop the producers of the
Nicki Minaj has already made her T.V.
As a musician, Kid Cudi's been called a lot of things, but "pop genius" might not be one of them. As an actor, that's a different story entirely, as he's just been tapped to appear as a "brilliant musical prodigy" in the CBS show "Scorpion."
Bow Wow (who's recently insisted on using his real name, Shad Moss) has been acting almost as long as he's been rapping, with career-making roles in "Like Mike" and "Roll Bounce" already under his belt at this point.
Hopefully Usher's r'n'b singing and dancing skills translate well into the art of boxing. The singer has been tapped for an upcoming film, where he'll play boxer Sugar Ray Leonard. The film, titled "Hands Of Stone," is about boxer Roberto Duran.
Chance The Rapper continues to take on ventures outside of the traditional rap sphere. After putting on a free event for teens in the Chi, his latest move involves acting.
- Is Earl Sweatshirt Changing His Rap Name?11,429 Views31 Comments
- The 5 Most Confusing Things Birdman Said In His Angie Martinez Interview55,589 Views78 Comments
- Lil Kim Files Domestic Violence Lawsuit Against Ex-Boyfriend9,188 Views12 Comments
- Meek Mill Opens Up: "I'm Scared To Be Political"54,445 Views151 Comments
- Meek Mill Says He's Hitting The Studio "Soon"74,973 Views329 Comments
- Meet Maxo Kream: Houston's Next-Up6,459 Views12 Comments
- Migos Say Their Noisey "Atlanta" Episode Was Scripted13,996 Views29 Comments
- 7 Things We Learned From LeBron's Most Recent Twitter Q&A2,159 Views0 Comments
- Tyga Sued By Landlord For Unpaid Rent, Threatened With Eviction16,438 Views76 Comments
- Ice Cube Says The "Straight Outta Compton" Soundtrack Is Dropping This Week9,832 Views18 Comments
- Did Drake Actually Buy Charlamagne Tha God Bottles? 73,755 Views108 Comments
- Meek Mill Booed In Toronto Last Night52,420 Views93 Comments
- Twitter Reacts To Drake's Second Meek Mill Diss, "Back To Back"81,698 Views130 Comments
- Listen To Erykah Badu's New Mix9,244 Views4 Comments
You may also like...