Rappers' feature film debuts are rarely as successful as T.I.'s in ATL. The 2006 film, directed by prolific music video director Christopher Robinson, earned pretty good reviews, and a cult-like appreciation upon release.
By now, you probably know that A$AP Rocky has a role in the independent film "Dope," and that the film sold for $7 million following a successful showing at Sundance Film Festival.
The phrase "it's a movie" is used pretty often in the rap game to describe an epic or cinematic piece of music, but less often do rappers actually produce films themselves.
As a musician, Kid Cudi's been called a lot of things, but "pop genius" might not be one of them. As an actor, that's a different story entirely, as he's just been tapped to appear as a "brilliant musical prodigy" in the CBS show "Scorpion."
This year's already brought two bits of great news for fans of Donald Glover (or Childish Gambino)'s acting talents.
As of right now, Rihanna's acting experience is limited to a hilarious cameo in "This Is The End" and a role in the ill-fated board game adaptation "Battleship." Her resumé is not exactly exceptional in that department, but it didn't stop the producers of the
Calling all of Childish Gambino's female fans -- you may soon get the chance to see your boy play a stripper in a movie.
Bow Wow (who's recently insisted on using his real name, Shad Moss) has been acting almost as long as he's been rapping, with career-making roles in "Like Mike" and "Roll Bounce" already under his belt at this point.
As an actor, T.I. already has a stellar resumé that includes roles in "ATL," "American Gangster" and "Identity Thief," as well as his several stints in the reality TV world.
50 Cent stays busy in multiple lanes. When he's not working on music for Animal Ambition and possibly Street King Immortal, he's kept himself busy with roles in TV production, and motion pictures as well.
Nicki Minaj will have her first bit part in a major motion picture this year, with her role in "The Other Woman". The film, which also stars Cameron Diaz and Kate Upton, find Nicki playing the part of Diaz' character's secretary.
So this surfaced today...Curtis apparently really wanted a part in the Ridley Scott-directed film "American Gangster," and decided to create a little audition tape (which is inadvertently hilarious) for the role of Frank Lucas' brother Huey Lucas.
We've seen Kid Cudi's acting chops in the now-cancelled "How To Make It In America" as well as an appearance on "The Cleveland Show," and while we await new music from the rapper we'll be seeing him act once more in a Fox comedy, "Brooklyn Nine-Nine."
Childish Gambino Set To Write & Star In FX Comedy Series Involving Atlanta Music Scene Aug 6, 2013 at 03:57pm
Childish Gambino, also known as Donald Glover, announced recently that he would be taking a step back from comedy in order to focus on music. He now seems to be going back on his word, revealing plans for a new series for FX called "Atlanta".
Rick Ross has made his small screen debut on the STARZ original series "Magic City", playing the number runner Butterball.Let us know what you think, folks. Did y'all catch Rick Ross's latest visual for Rick Ross "Talks On New Album "Mastermind"" Video?
Check out Ricky Rozay's acting chops in the preview for the upcoming episode of Starz Network series,"Magic City," The show airs on Fridays.Let us know what you think, folks.
It seems Eminem turned down a leading role in the upcoming Hollywood science fiction film "Elysium" because his native city of Detroit wasn't chosen as the film's primary location. The lead role was instead given to Matt Damon, who was actually director Neil
Tupac has been immortalized by many, whether it's through music or through film. Gillie Da Kid will continue the tradition by playing the legendary rapper in an upcoming film about Suge Knight.
After her recent stint on FOX's "American Idol", Nicki Minaj has made her presense known in both the music scene and on the small screen.
- Lil B To Deliver Lecture At UCLA This Thursday2,186 Views13 Comments
- New Akon-Led Initiative Aims To Bring 600 Million Africans Electricity5,453 Views45 Comments
- See Photos From Drake's Houston Appreciation Weekend9,070 Views16 Comments
- Los Angeles Lakers GM Says Next Year Will Be Kobe Bryant's Final Season3,344 Views0 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: May 2312,603 Views19 Comments
- Must-Hear Instrumental Hip Hop Albums6,100 Views13 Comments
- Allen Iverson Addresses Strip Club Rumors On Hot 974,057 Views0 Comments
- Listen To Three New Drake Songs120,132 Views198 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Covers Ebony Magazine9,494 Views39 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 16 - 22)7,594 Views13 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Releases "The Night Is Still Young" Video Exclusively On TIDAL14,060 Views63 Comments
- 50 Cent Sues Rick Ross For Allegedly Leaking His Own Baby Mama's Sex Tape32,562 Views68 Comments
- The Atlanta Hawks Are Begging Lil B To Show Mercy On Them7,502 Views0 Comments
- T'yanna Wallace Answers Questions From Biggie Fans7,599 Views9 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (May 22)2,315 Views1 Comment
You may also like...