Chance The Rapper continues to take on ventures outside of the traditional rap sphere. After putting on a free event for teens in the Chi, his latest move involves acting.
Rappers' feature film debuts are rarely as successful as T.I.'s in ATL. The 2006 film, directed by prolific music video director Christopher Robinson, earned pretty good reviews, and a cult-like appreciation upon release.
By now, you probably know that A$AP Rocky has a role in the independent film "Dope," and that the film sold for $7 million following a successful showing at Sundance Film Festival.
The phrase "it's a movie" is used pretty often in the rap game to describe an epic or cinematic piece of music, but less often do rappers actually produce films themselves.
As a musician, Kid Cudi's been called a lot of things, but "pop genius" might not be one of them. As an actor, that's a different story entirely, as he's just been tapped to appear as a "brilliant musical prodigy" in the CBS show "Scorpion."
This year's already brought two bits of great news for fans of Donald Glover (or Childish Gambino)'s acting talents.
As of right now, Rihanna's acting experience is limited to a hilarious cameo in "This Is The End" and a role in the ill-fated board game adaptation "Battleship." Her resumé is not exactly exceptional in that department, but it didn't stop the producers of the
Calling all of Childish Gambino's female fans -- you may soon get the chance to see your boy play a stripper in a movie.
Bow Wow (who's recently insisted on using his real name, Shad Moss) has been acting almost as long as he's been rapping, with career-making roles in "Like Mike" and "Roll Bounce" already under his belt at this point.
As an actor, T.I. already has a stellar resumé that includes roles in "ATL," "American Gangster" and "Identity Thief," as well as his several stints in the reality TV world.
50 Cent stays busy in multiple lanes. When he's not working on music for Animal Ambition and possibly Street King Immortal, he's kept himself busy with roles in TV production, and motion pictures as well.
Nicki Minaj will have her first bit part in a major motion picture this year, with her role in "The Other Woman". The film, which also stars Cameron Diaz and Kate Upton, find Nicki playing the part of Diaz' character's secretary.
So this surfaced today...Curtis apparently really wanted a part in the Ridley Scott-directed film "American Gangster," and decided to create a little audition tape (which is inadvertently hilarious) for the role of Frank Lucas' brother Huey Lucas.
We've seen Kid Cudi's acting chops in the now-cancelled "How To Make It In America" as well as an appearance on "The Cleveland Show," and while we await new music from the rapper we'll be seeing him act once more in a Fox comedy, "Brooklyn Nine-Nine."
Childish Gambino Set To Write & Star In FX Comedy Series Involving Atlanta Music Scene Aug 6, 2013 at 03:57pm
Childish Gambino, also known as Donald Glover, announced recently that he would be taking a step back from comedy in order to focus on music. He now seems to be going back on his word, revealing plans for a new series for FX called "Atlanta".
Rick Ross has made his small screen debut on the STARZ original series "Magic City", playing the number runner Butterball.Let us know what you think, folks. Did y'all catch Rick Ross's latest visual for Rick Ross "Talks On New Album "Mastermind"" Video?
Check out Ricky Rozay's acting chops in the preview for the upcoming episode of Starz Network series,"Magic City," The show airs on Fridays.Let us know what you think, folks.
- Iggy Azalea Announces Sophomore Album Title6,535 Views90 Comments
- Curren$y & Dame Dash Settle $3 Million Dollar Lawsuit11,611 Views18 Comments
- Logic Announces Release Date For Sophomore Album "The Incredible True Story"11,689 Views53 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Writes Letter To Eazy-E For PAPER Magazine9,957 Views140 Comments
- Jay Z & Beyoncé Are Renting A Mansion In L.A. For $150k A Month10,102 Views29 Comments
- Victor Cruz' Fiancee Sent A Group Text Message To All Of His Side Chicks9,090 Views0 Comments
- The Game Threatens Stitches Over DMs He Allegedly Photoshopped69,260 Views202 Comments
- Bawse Moves: How Rick Ross Shifted Focus In 20159,126 Views25 Comments
- Kanye West Says "808s" & "Yeezus" Are "So Much Stronger" Than "MBDTF"23,248 Views154 Comments
- Kid Cudi Warns Fans That "Man On The Moon 3" Will Be Nothing Like Previous Installments28,149 Views203 Comments
- Quiz: How Well Do You Know Kanye West?12,486 Views49 Comments
- Talib Kweli & 9th Wonder Reveal Tracklist & Cover Art For "Indie 500"4,331 Views18 Comments
- Snoop Dogg Hints At A Halloween Project Hosted By DJ Drama4,063 Views31 Comments
- Rick Ross Announces New Album Title16,433 Views65 Comments