Perfume purveyor Xyrena announced that they have collaborated with with Diane and Rashad Haughton, Aaliyah's mother and brother, to make an official scent in memory of the late singer.
Although she passed away fourteen years ago at the all-too-young age of 22, Aaliyah still fervently burns like an R&B sun, atop the solar system of artists that she fuels and influences posthumously. Despite her age, her career lasted nearly a decade.
Timbaland took to Instagram to confirm that he is sitting on unreleased music by Aaliyah.
Unfortunately, a fair amount of talented hip-hop artists have passed away over the years. There's no easy way around it, but fame and fortune sometimes take the ultimate toll on an individual.
T-Pain's New Mixtape Will Feature Unheard Aaliyah Vocals [Update: Full Tracklist Revealed] Mar 25, 2015 at 09:58pm
The newly released "Wait a Minute" with OG Maco has us hyped for T-Pain's The Iron Way. After performing a 42 song set at SXSW, he sat down with VIBE and revealed the other features on his upcoming mixtape.
At just 19, Tink, Timbaland's latest prodigy, is already one of hip-hop's rising stars.
Hype Williams may have only directed four videos in 2014, but that doesn't mean we can't all remember a time when every dope hip-hop video seemed to have Hype's fingerprints on it.
Los Angeles-based Shlohmo, real name Henry Laufer, started making beats like most bedroom producers. Influenced by the infamous LA beat scene, his early music resembled the experimental Low End Theory style.
Aaliyah is a touchy subject. Pretty much anytime her music is touched, there's an immediate uproar. Not even Drake -- who seems to be able to do no wrong in the public eye -- was shamed out of working on a posthumous Aaliyah project.
New Actress Cast As Aaliyah In Upcoming Biopic [Update: Missy Elliott And Timbaland Roles Cast] Aug 9, 2014 at 02:34pm
A few weeks back the internet got up in arms when it was revealed that Disney star Zendaya Coleman would be playing Aaliyah in the forthcoming Lifetime movie about her life.
Things aren't getting any better for Lifetime's upcoming Aaliyah biopic.
Zendaya Coleman Reportedly Cast As Aaliyah In Upcoming Biopic [Update: Film To Detail Singer's Relationship With R. Kelly] Jun 23, 2014 at 09:36am
As we learned earlier this year, VH1 is looking to mimic the success of their TLC biopic with one about another r'n'b singer, Aaliyah.
13 years ago, Aaliyah was tragically killed in a plane crash at the tender age of 22 when returning from the Bahamas after shooting the video for “Rock The Boat.” Her death deeply affected her fans and the hip-hop community at large.
We've already learned a lot about the creation of Drake's Nothing Was The Same in the first few clips from his CRWN interview with Elliott Wilson, and the newest installment is no exception.
Timbaland Apologizes To Chris Brown Over Comments On Working With Aaliyah Posthumously Jul 26, 2013 at 10:22am
Timbaland is known to be protective over collaborations with Aaliyah. When rumors started swirling about a posthumous Aaliyah album, to which Drake was attached, Timbo questioned its authenticity, and whether or not it would work.
Chris Brown announced recently that his new single, following up "Fine China," would include an apperance from the late singer Aaliyah, in the form of unreleased vocals, which definitely stirred up some reactions around the web.
Chris Brown has ambitous plans for his follow up single to "Fine China". The R&B singer is planning to feature previously unreleased vocals from the late Aaliyah on his next release, titled "They Don't Know".
Although r'n'b sweetheart Aaliyah passed away almost 12 years ago, the rights to her music are still being debated to this day. A music publishing company is suing a record company for allegedly selling bootleg copies of Aaliyah's songs on the internet. Res
Today's pop stars have several pioneers to thank, including arguably the '90's most famous R&B singer, Aaliyah. She will forever be ingrained into pop culture's memory after her accidental death in 2001.
- Charts Don't Lie: November 25th4,373 Views22 Comments
- Busta Rhymes Is "Without Question" Releasing An Album In 20163,412 Views15 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For Jadakiss' "Top 5 Dead Or Alive"6,789 Views38 Comments
- Boosie Badazz Says He Has Kidney Cancer, Later Deletes Caption13,155 Views66 Comments
- Young Thug & Rihanna Hit The Studio Together10,892 Views66 Comments
- Erykah Badu Shares "But You Caint Use My Phone" Cover Art & Tracklist5,770 Views17 Comments
- Former Cowboys Running Back Arrested For Assaulting A Law Officer At A Casino4,098 Views0 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Countersued By Former Label5,862 Views27 Comments
- Golden State Warriors Set NBA Record For Best Start To A Season2,106 Views0 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Believes Race Played Role In His Overseas Bans5,042 Views27 Comments
- Vic Mensa Joins Chicago Protests Following Police Killing Of Laquan McDonald7,598 Views50 Comments
- Someone Bought That Secret Wu-Tang Album For "Millions"20,544 Views79 Comments
- ASAP Ferg Talks "Huge Smash Song" With Future, Recording For A Week With 4018,445 Views78 Comments
- YG Covers FADER, Opens Up About Night He Was Shot10,399 Views40 Comments