Now that 2015 is underway, we have plenty of good music to look forward too, when it comes to both mixtapes (just peep our Upcoming section) and albums. Even in this one-listen-then-on-to-the-next generation, it's still appropriate to bump music that droppe
As one of the most anticipated segments of the #HOTNEW14 end-of-year rollout, HNHH is pleased to present our top 50 songs of the year. As always, you're gonna have to do some scrolling to find out the #1 hottest record.
Dr. Dre hasn't come out with any new music in quite a while (although he did co-produce Kendrick Lamar's 2013 Good Kid m.A.A.d. City and had a verse on the hit-song, "The Recipe") but that hasn't stopped him from swimming in cash.
There's a lot of bickering about lyrical content in today's rap game--well, that's always been the case. But old-headed purists argue, and will continue to argue, that today's lyricists lack the depth of their long gone favorite MCs.
The A$AP Mob has definitely been quiet in 2014. Recently, that started changing, as the man behind the scenes, Yams, announced they had a renewed focus on the crew's solo albums, rather than the collaborative album L.O.R.D which has been put on hold.
As summer draws to a close and all the kids are back at school, it's a great time to reminisce about all the fun that was had and great music that came out. Last week we tackled the best mixtapes of the summer, but that doesn't tell the whole story.
Well here’s some dope unexpected news for y'all. It looks like Lil Wayne will be claiming 2014 as his and releasing TWO new albums this year. Seriously.
Hot 97's Summer Jam 2014 took over New Jersery's Met Life stadium last night, with plenty of rappers and artists gathering there for the event, some tapped specifically by Hot 97, some surprise performers, and some, like Rihanna and Fat Joe, were just there to
Hot 97's Summer Jam capped off another successful year last night, with help from a surprise G-Unit reunion, as well as additional surprise appearances from Ty Dolla $ign, Snoop Dogg, Young Jeezy, Drake and more.
Lil Bibby is next up to bat in the on-going series of XXL Freshmen freestyles. This year there are twelve young rappers who made the list, and quite a few of them hail from Bibby's home of Chicago, including Chance The Rapper and Vic Mensa.
After receiving Rich Homie Quan's XXL Freshmen freestyle the other day, the next one up to drop a freestyle for XXL is Chicago's Vic Mensa. We also received Ty Dolla $ign's r'n'b acapella earlier this week, which you can peep here.
- Fabolous Announces "Friday Night Freestyles" Mixtape4,564 Views37 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa Announces Sequel To "Rolling Papers" Album16,653 Views126 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Says Jay Z Collaboration Is Dropping Soon9,112 Views45 Comments
- Beanie Sigel Wants To Collaborate With Jay Z Again5,385 Views24 Comments
- The Weeknd & Drake Score MMVA Nominations5,773 Views14 Comments
- TBT: Ice Cube6,015 Views25 Comments
- PayPal Ordered To Re-Pay $15 Million For Scamming Customers8,237 Views0 Comments
- Flavor Flav Arrested On DUI & Possession Charges11,153 Views29 Comments
- Biggie Tracks To Commemorate His 43rd Birthday4,041 Views18 Comments
- Is Meek Mill Dropping A Mixtape Next Month?22,306 Views42 Comments
- Tracklist Revealed For A$AP Rocky's "A.L.L.A"39,696 Views186 Comments
- Digital Cover Story: Dizzy Wright (May/June)3,042 Views6 Comments
- 2014-15 All-NBA Teams Announced1,931 Views0 Comments
- New Drake & Beyonce Collaboration "Can I" Leaks Online37,016 Views69 Comments
- Ab-Soul Hints At Collaboration With Isaiah Rashad7,062 Views31 Comments