Now that 2015 is underway, we have plenty of good music to look forward too, when it comes to both mixtapes (just peep our Upcoming section) and albums. Even in this one-listen-then-on-to-the-next generation, it's still appropriate to bump music that droppe
As one of the most anticipated segments of the #HOTNEW14 end-of-year rollout, HNHH is pleased to present our top 50 songs of the year. As always, you're gonna have to do some scrolling to find out the #1 hottest record.
Dr. Dre hasn't come out with any new music in quite a while (although he did co-produce Kendrick Lamar's 2013 Good Kid m.A.A.d. City and had a verse on the hit-song, "The Recipe") but that hasn't stopped him from swimming in cash.
There's a lot of bickering about lyrical content in today's rap game--well, that's always been the case. But old-headed purists argue, and will continue to argue, that today's lyricists lack the depth of their long gone favorite MCs.
The A$AP Mob has definitely been quiet in 2014. Recently, that started changing, as the man behind the scenes, Yams, announced they had a renewed focus on the crew's solo albums, rather than the collaborative album L.O.R.D which has been put on hold.
As summer draws to a close and all the kids are back at school, it's a great time to reminisce about all the fun that was had and great music that came out. Last week we tackled the best mixtapes of the summer, but that doesn't tell the whole story.
Well here’s some dope unexpected news for y'all. It looks like Lil Wayne will be claiming 2014 as his and releasing TWO new albums this year. Seriously.
Hot 97's Summer Jam 2014 took over New Jersery's Met Life stadium last night, with plenty of rappers and artists gathering there for the event, some tapped specifically by Hot 97, some surprise performers, and some, like Rihanna and Fat Joe, were just there to
Hot 97's Summer Jam capped off another successful year last night, with help from a surprise G-Unit reunion, as well as additional surprise appearances from Ty Dolla $ign, Snoop Dogg, Young Jeezy, Drake and more.
Lil Bibby is next up to bat in the on-going series of XXL Freshmen freestyles. This year there are twelve young rappers who made the list, and quite a few of them hail from Bibby's home of Chicago, including Chance The Rapper and Vic Mensa.
After receiving Rich Homie Quan's XXL Freshmen freestyle the other day, the next one up to drop a freestyle for XXL is Chicago's Vic Mensa. We also received Ty Dolla $ign's r'n'b acapella earlier this week, which you can peep here.
- Jay Z Wants TIDAL To "Extend The Album Cycle" & Restore "Fair Trade" In Music9,525 Views18 Comments
- Top 5 "Shook Ones" Freestyles8,960 Views42 Comments
- Kanye West, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, J. Cole & More Announced As Owners Of TIDAL25,445 Views50 Comments
- Lil Wayne To Release "Free Weezy Album" In April?13,189 Views61 Comments
- Kevin Durant Lists His Top-10 NBA Players, Speaks On His 'Rap Career' + More2,014 Views0 Comments
- Rihanna's 10 Hardest Hip Hop Tracks4,662 Views9 Comments
- De La Soul Launch Kickstarter For First Album In A Decade1,587 Views20 Comments
- Waka Flocka Announces "Salute Me Or Shoot Me 5" Mixtape Release Date3,456 Views20 Comments
- A History Of Wiz Khalifa X Curren$y Collabs4,286 Views15 Comments
- 50 Cent & French Montana Clown Each Other On Instagram28,218 Views68 Comments
- Action Bronson Announces "Mr. Wonderful" World Tour4,147 Views12 Comments
- The Game Allegedly Punches Man During Pro-Am Basketball Game7,860 Views27 Comments
- Top Tracks Of The Week: March 25 - March 302,391 Views5 Comments
- A$AP Rocky Covers Complex6,791 Views16 Comments
- Leaked Images Of Jordan Brand's Summer '15 Lineup3,321 Views0 Comments
You may also like...
- Watch Jay Z's TIDAL Launch Announcement Live6,281 Views