After last week's "Special Edition" of 140 Bars, we recommence your regularly scheduled article. This week Joey Budden is on his early morning creep, Fabolous combines two of our favorite things, and Rihanna's ass is about to explode.
July is steadily coming to a close and the steady stream of Nicki Minaj verses continues. After appearing on the remix to August Alsina's "No Love," she prepping the release her next single, "Anaconda." The collaboration has a few wondering if they were mes
As summer nears its end, we witnessed a cool-off of sorts before we get albums from Dr. Dre, The Weeknd, Travi$ Scott, Mac Miller and (hopefully) Kid Cudi. Still, there was plenty to be excited about this past week, what with CyHi dissing everyone on G.O.O.D.
Kanye wept. Drake reigned. Dark Sky Paradise happened. This week in hip-hop can be summarized in those three tersely worded sentences. It makes sense because this week has been weird everywhere else. There's something going about a dress and llamas.
As summer rolls around, the rap game's just starting to pick up steam again after a relatively slow month.
This week, we saw big releases from Wale and Ludacris, the (anticlimactic) announcement of Jay Z's new TIDAL streaming service, and some sick new tapes from T-Pain, iLoveMakonnen and Wiz Khalifa/Ty Dolla $ign.
We seem to be hitting somewhat of a lull in the album release cycle, with some big drops coming in June and July (Lil Durk, Migos, Frank Ocean), but no huge ones coming in this week or the next (unless we actually do get Chance The Rapper's Donnie Trumpet &
The rap game is still buzzing as we head into the final weeks of the year and await for the hearing from Ferguson. While the latter hasn't been announced when this post was published, rappers did find other things to be outraged about.
After completely dominating the conversation last week, Drake and Meek Mill did so again this week, trading diss tracks and sneaky shots, and sparking a ton of response from the rap community.
New music! Jokes! Late graduations! Blunted revelations! Brotherly love! All of this and more on this week's edition of 140 Bars. Read on to get the best tweets in hip hop, from everyone from Kanye West to Lil B.
Rocky and Boosie finally dropped, new Drake and The Weeknd songs leaked, and we still haven't gotten finally got Donnie Trumpet and Chance The Rapper's Surf. It was a busy week, and as usual, Twitter was popping to match.
This past week, Twitter was mostly dominated by three things: the wild conclusion of Game of Thrones' fifth season, the launch of Orange is the New Black's third season, and most importantly, the Rachel Dolezal scandal.
This week was wild. We got to hear new albums by Miguel, Vince Staples, King Los and Tyga, great new tapes from Boogie and Tory Lanez, and some true heat in the form of singles from Future, Meek Mil and The Game.
After a big first quarter, May has been kind of a slump month for releases, as there's tons of noteworthy projects planned for this summer, but the last few weeks have mostly been dominated by singles, videos and news.
Did the Internet break? No, but we certainly got a lot of things to tweet about just because of the power of one ass. Kim Kardashian's booty was displayed in its full, majesty force — along with other lady parts — on the latest Paper Magazine cover.
We live in strange times — times where 42-year-old OGs beef on Instagram with Australian pop rap artists in their 20s. This ain't fiction: Snoop Dogg and Iggy Azalea were going at it.
Does social media inherently make everyone more petty? That's the question that this edition of "140 Bars" begs, what with "beef" translating to snarky subs more and more these days.
This week Nicki reaches out to the Head of State, Big Sean talks "big", and Mac Miller gets "retarded".
- The Best Of Kanye West At The 2015 VMAs2,197 Views24 Comments
- Kanye West Announces Presidential Candidacy In Wild VMA Speech13,610 Views98 Comments
- Rick Ross Is Dropping New Music Tomorrow10,727 Views51 Comments
- Stream ProbCause's New Album "Drifters"1,016 Views0 Comments
- 10 Essential PARTYNEXTDOOR Tracks13,728 Views43 Comments
- Big Boi Makes Live Debut As "Big Grams" With Phantogram, Says Album Is "Coming Soon"4,604 Views6 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Kanye West's "Late Registration" 3,988 Views32 Comments
- Jay Z Already Deleted His Instagram Account23,295 Views52 Comments
- MTV VMAs: Top Hip-Hop Moments7,708 Views31 Comments
- Police Sketch Bears Strange Resemblance To T.I., According To Twitter24,654 Views54 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: August 299,239 Views64 Comments
- Jay Z Caved And Got An Instagram Account25,858 Views53 Comments
- J Cole Brings Out Jay-Z, Big Sean, & Drake In Fayetteville56,327 Views68 Comments
- Kanye West To Perform "808s & Heartbreak" In Its Entirety In LA18,287 Views31 Comments
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (August 22-28)6,446 Views26 Comments
You may also like...
- Styles P "Other" Video309 Views