This week, we learned that you should not appropriate rap lyrics if you're a breakfast food chain — lest you want Nicki Minaj to call you out. It was an educational week in rap, actually.
Kanye wept. Drake reigned. Dark Sky Paradise happened. This week in hip-hop can be summarized in those three tersely worded sentences. It makes sense because this week has been weird everywhere else. There's something going about a dress and llamas.
Things turned down a few notches after last week, which isn't a bad thing considering how crazy that week was. Kanye West returned to The Breakfast Club, and that was pretty much the biggest thing.
This week featured one of the craziest news cycles all around in recent memory. If you used Google or have been alive the past week, you're fully aware hip-hop has turned up. In fact, some are arguing this year is already better than all of 2015.
This week has been a mixed bag, which is unfortunate since it started off good. Missy Elliott came back, messed around and stole Iggy Azalea's Super Bowl performance. Will this put impetus on Missy E to put out a new album soon? One can hope.
What a week it has been in hip-hop. It's a week that got kicked off with tragedy. It's going to take some time for the wound that A$AP Yams left us to heal.But the game still continues just like he would've wanted.
The first full week of 2015 comes with quite a bit of news. First, is the sad news of legendary SportsCenter anchor Stuart Scott, who passed away after a long battle with cancer. Then, there was the Charlie Hebdo situation in France.
To say a lot of stuff happened this week would be a complete understatement. So we won't and will just give you a short recap. For one, we're living in a world where there's a new D'Angelo album.
How did this week go? Not great. By another miracle of the justice system, Darren Wilson got away with murdering Michael Brown; a grand jury decided to not indict him.
The rap game is still buzzing as we head into the final weeks of the year and await for the hearing from Ferguson. While the latter hasn't been announced when this post was published, rappers did find other things to be outraged about.
Did the Internet break? No, but we certainly got a lot of things to tweet about just because of the power of one ass. Kim Kardashian's booty was displayed in its full, majesty force — along with other lady parts — on the latest Paper Magazine cover.
We get a little bit of everything this week in hip-hop, including a surprise. It didn't look like it was coming anytime soon, but Azealia Banks ' debut — Broke With Expensive Tastes — is finally here.
This week, it dropped: tryna masturbate while listening to #RTJ2 @therealelp @KillerMikeGTO @runjewels pic.twitter.com/LpfWSuFjVX — Cam Fedirko #80 (@c_fedirko) October 30, 2014
We live in strange times — times where 42-year-old OGs beef on Instagram with Australian pop rap artists in their 20s. This ain't fiction: Snoop Dogg and Iggy Azalea were going at it.
The good news is that this week saw the release of Flying Lotus' You're Dead and Tinashe Aquarius. One is arguably one of the top three albums of the year and the other is a really good R&B album. But good music doesn't stop the world.
Last week saw the appraisal of one type of love and the destruction of another. Kendrick Lamar finally dropped the highly anticipated "i," and it raised more questions than hype.
Fall is next week. This means it's about to be that season where it's time to grind as the big album releases come through. Summer has been pretty tame, so you'd think some serious heat is on the way soon. Plus, Meek Mill gets out of jail in the fall.
Breaking news: The NFL is corrupt! Because rappers wanting to be athletes and vice versa is sort of a running motif, a few have weighed in with their thoughts about the Ray Rice/NFL cover-up situation. Some made more sense than others.
Isn't this something? Not only is Meek Mill in jail and his sophomore album is delayed indefinitely, but Jeezy also took a trip behind bars after getting caught with an assault rifle.
This hasn't been a great week in America. Beloved comedian and actor Robin Williams passed away under particularly tragic circumstances at the age of 63.
July is steadily coming to a close and the steady stream of Nicki Minaj verses continues. After appearing on the remix to August Alsina's "No Love," she prepping the release her next single, "Anaconda." The collaboration has a few wondering if they were mes
- Review: Earl Sweatshirt's "I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside"5,994 Views24 Comments
- Karrueche Tran Opens Up About Relationship With Chris Brown13,057 Views28 Comments
- Lil Wayne Performs In Miami, Hands Out "Free Weezy Album" T-Shirts11,980 Views30 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa & Amber Rose Are Working Toward Joint Custody Of Their Son8,142 Views15 Comments
- Travi$ Scott & Young Thug Bring Out Kanye West & Chris Brown In L.A.12,161 Views31 Comments
- Kevin Gates Offers Opinion On Obama: "Get this N---a Out of Office"22,177 Views105 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Ol' Dirty Bastard's "Return To The 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version"2,378 Views7 Comments
- Top-10 Fantasy Basketball Surprises 827 Views0 Comments
- Immortal Technique Arrested On Suspicion Of Assault And Robbery6,582 Views25 Comments
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Big L's "Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous"5,358 Views20 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan's Alleged Speedboat Getaway Is Untrue8,693 Views20 Comments
- O.T. Genasis Arrested In L.A. 14,607 Views27 Comments
- New Tupac Music Is On The Way19,657 Views88 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: March 2811,060 Views52 Comments
- Big Sean Has A BAPE Collaboration Dropping Next Month8,648 Views21 Comments