After sharing "Space Jam" last week, Mir Fontane has come through with his long-awaited project: Who's Watching the Kids. Ever since he and Ish Williams dropped "Wanni Wag" at the end of last year, it has felt like South Jersey is finally ready for its moment in the spotlight. With tracks like "Fall Back" and "Glory," Mir Fontane has emerged as one of the most obvious talents from the region, with the ability to incorporate compelling street stories from his hometown of Camden into forward-thinking compositions. He raps with a grittiness that reflects the cold and heartless place from which he hails, and he also possesses a natural singing voice, often using his melodic sensibilities to make his flows more resonant.
The themes explored on Who's Watching the Kids range from the painful trappings of street life as well as the less serious areas of hedonism and courtship. The tape tells the story of a kid who's trying to have a good time while realizing his potential as an artist, trying to balance his ability to live in the moment while, in the back of his head, praying that he lives past 25.
Who's Watching the Kids features Ish Williams, Young Savage, and Kam DeLa, and the production comes from Roca Beats, Kenif Muse, Zach Capner, Kev Rogers, and more.
01. Whatever You Want (Prod. By KilConfirmed, Kenif Muse)
02. Damon Wayans (feat. Young Savage) (Prod. By Menace, Kenif Muse)
03. Miss Bill Collector (Prod. By Zach Capner)
04. Space Jam Interlude
05. Space Jam (Prod. By Kev Rodgers)
06. Kenwood Ave. (Prod. By Zach Capner)
07. Options (Prod. By Kev Rodgers, Kenif Muse)
08. Wanni Wag (feat. Ish Williams) (Prod. By Roca Beats, Kenif Muse)
09. Down By the River (Prod. By Kenif Muse)
10. Twenty Five (feat. Kam DeLa) (Prod. By Zach Capner, Kam DeLa)