Lil Herb Mixtapes
- Ballin Like I'm KobeG Herbo, or more commonly Lil Herb, first made his name with the ferocious Lil Bibby-assisted single, "Kill Shit," and he's continued to grow as an artist ever since, delivering one of 2014's strongest debuts with Welcome To Fazoland. Today he returns with another new project, Ballin Like I'm Kobe, which finds him reuniting with Bibby, and recruiting Lil Durk, but for the most part, handling things as he does best -- solo.
- PPP (Pistol P Project)While staying fairly low-key, Lil Herb managed to make a considerable impact on the rap game this year. Showing up on Nicki Minaj's "Chi-Raq", the young drill rapper managed to inform the flows of dozens of rappers who later took on the beat themselves, with his jabby lyrical style being adopted throughout the year following that appearance.
- Mainstream MusicChance The Rapper broke out in a big way last year with his mixtape Acid Rap, and now it looks like his younger brother is making a similar grab for stardom. Taylor Bennett's Mainstream Music tape arrives today with a guest list featuring Chicago all-stars like Lil Herb, King Louie, Rockie Fresh, Loyale Soule and Spenzo. Production on the tape comes courtesy of Saint the Good Boy, Monte Booker, BRAlL BEATS, Muzzy, illiad, Satchel Stokes and Cocaine Audio. Do you think taylor Bennett has the potential to pop off like his brother?
- The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)Last week we received a new cut from Killer Mike titled "Boonies" which we learned was the first offering from an upcoming mixtape for "The Boondocks" season four. Today the full project has arrived, and it comes with exclusive records from Lil Herb, Problem, Jon Connor, Two-9, Killer Mike, Chevy Woods, Skeme, Smoke DZA, Childish Major and more. Production comes from The Alchemist, Chuck Inglish, Roscoe Dash and plenty others.
- Welcome To Fazoland (No DJ Version)Lil Herb aka G Herbo delivered his well-received debut mixtape Welcome To Fazoland on February 17th, and now, over a month later, the Chicago native returns with the non-tagged up version of the tape for all those who could do without Don Cannon's consistent shout outs.
- Welcome To FazolandLil Herb has been a well-respected rapper in the Chicago are for some time now, and while we've heard plenty of material from him (much of it with his partner in rhyme, Lil Bibby), he has yet to deliver a full length project. Bibby finally gave us Free Crack at the end of last year, and now Herb has revealed the cover art and release date for Welcome To Fazoland, named after his late friend Fazo, whose birthday happens to be the release date. The Don Cannon-hosted project will be available on February 17, 2014.
- Winter's Diary 2Tink is an up-and-coming artist who has grown alongside Chicago's drill scene, but unlike many of her contemporaries, she sings as much (if not more) than she raps. Her sequel to 2012's Winter's Diary features guest appearances from Rockie Diamonds and G Herbo (aka Lil Herb). At only 18 years old, she definitely has a lot of potential.