There's a movement brewing in Cleveland right now. Guys like Ripp Flamez and Doe Boy are starting to gain exposure on a major level. The latter rapper, who came back to the city a few months ago after a three-year prison stint, has signed a young talent from his hometown by the name of Lil Cray to his Rubber Band Money Gang label. The kid's got mad potential. Here's Cray's new tape, No Pad No Pen, which follows April's Cleveland2Cleveland.
The new tape includes Cray's K-Camp featuring single, "I Got It," which arrived via a HNHH premiere last month. As evidenced by the title, all these tracks are off the top, and indeed, Cray's most obvious talent is his spontaneous energy, delivering many unexpected jabs during his bursts of street-bred adrenaline. He's also a natural storyteller, and there's so much to be told about the oft-ignored city he comes from.
Aside from K Camp, features on No Pad No Pen come from P the Artist, Rocaine, and Tate Kobang. Production is handled by Yung Coke, Retro Made It, Nikko Bunkin, and more.
01. Star Wars (Prod. By Nikko Bunkin & Yung Coke)
02. No Pad No Pen (Freestyle) (Prod. By Nikko Bunkin & Deezy)
03. Die 4 This (Feat. P The Artist) (Prod. By MXV)
04. On Da Run (Prod. By Retro Made It)
05. Closer 2 Me (Feat. Tate Kobang) (Prod. By Pyrex)
06. Inspire Me (Prod. By Retro Made It)
07. Timmy Turner (Prod. By JBO On Da Beat & DJ Marc B)
08. Savages (Feat. Rocaine) (Prod. By Rocaine)
09. No Hook (Feat. Tra Trap)
10. Chosen One (Prod. By Based Kidd QP)
11. Nikko Bunkin (Prod. By Nikko Bunkin)
12. I Got It (Remix) (Prod. By Yung Coke)
13. Farewell (Outro) (Prod. By J Mill Beatz)