Atlanta booking agency owner Johnnie Cabbell has responded to Gucci Mane’s jailhouse announcement that he has severed his ties with Cabbell’s booking agency Hitt Afta Hitt Entertainment.
Gucci released a statement yesterday (May 4th) announcing the formation of a new label, 1017 Bricksquad and a new management team.
The rapper also announced he had severed ties with manager Debra Antney of Mizay Entertainment and Cabbell’s Hitt Afta Hitt booking agency.
According to Gucci, his new booking agent is CAA, a Los Angeles based firm that represents major acts like Drake, Ludacris, Usher, Young Jeezy and a host of other superstars.
In an official statement, Cabbell said that he has received no correspondence from Gucci Mane or his legal team as of press time to support the claim.
“While it is being widely reported that my booking agency Hitt Afta Hitt is no longer working with Gucci Mane, I have yet to receive any type of correspondence from Gucci, the label or anyone else that supports that,” Johnnie Cabbell told today. “I have known and worked with Gucci for over a decade. I have seen his career grow from being a local phenomenon into a household name and I feel like I helped play a minor role in his success.”
Cabbell also shot down reports that there were outstanding lawsuits against himself or Hitt Afta Hitt, although his statement did not address a lawsuit filed in Allegheny Superior Court last week, surrounding a missed show in August of 2009.
According to Cabbell his company is still handing the booking for Nicki Minaj, who made headlines in April, when she fired Antney and Mizay Entertainment and announced new management.
“There are no federal criminal or civil lawsuits pending against me or my company Hitt Afta Hitt.,” stated Johnnie Cabbell. “My booking and management agency is still one of the largest in the south and we are still the official booker for rapper Nicki Minaj. We look forward to continued success and growth.”
According to reports, Gucci Mane is scheduled to be released from the Fulton County Jail on Wednesday May 12th, after serving a year in prison for violating his probation.
In March, Sha’Nod Johnson filed a breach of contract complaint against Cabbell and Shawty Lo for allegedly failing to honor a contractual agreement not to perform two weeks before, or two weeks after his event.
On April 10th, All Hood Entertainment filed a lawsuit against Gucci Mane, Mizay and Hitt Afta Hitt, claiming Gucci missed a show in Louisville, KY in November of 2009, resulting in a $61,000 dollar loss.
- 140 Bars: Top Tweets Of The Week (July 25 - 31)1,137 Views0 Comments
- Top-5 August Sneaker Releases To Watch For585 Views0 Comments
- Meek Mill Is Charlamagne's "Donkey Of The Day"13,733 Views72 Comments
- French Montana Logs Studio Time With Justin Bieber & Mariah Carey2,201 Views15 Comments
- Stream Lil Debbie's "Home Grown" EP1,193 Views4 Comments
- Everything We Know About Drake Getting Peed On24,775 Views169 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (July 31)4,094 Views7 Comments
- Meek Mill Sends More Shots At Drake & Quentin Miller On Instagram 61,699 Views316 Comments
- Lance Stephenson Releases A New Song, Says He's The Best Ballin' Rapper In The Game2,052 Views0 Comments
- Twitter Reacts To Meek Mill's Drake Diss Track "Wanna Know"51,026 Views225 Comments
- Stream Roy Wood$ New EP "Exis"10,307 Views26 Comments
- Drake Responds To Meek’s Diss Record On Instagram92,066 Views358 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Confirms Joint Album With Lil B12,150 Views46 Comments
- Meek Mill Goes At Hot 97's TT Torrez On IG70,781 Views123 Comments
- Birdman's Instagram Hacked68,427 Views59 Comments