About Immortal Technique
Both a hip-hop artist and an activist of urban issues, Immortal Technique is known for his controversial lyrics that focus on political issues. Born in Peru and raised in Harlem, he began rapping in jail and on the streets of New York. Over the course of his career, he has released four albums – the first of which was in 2001 and the most recent in 2011. He is best known for his tracks “Dance With The Devil”, “Obnoxious”, and “Bin Laden”, just to name a few.
Throughout his career he has collaborated with many notable artists and producers including Mos Def, DJ Green Lanter, Chuck D, KRS-One, Rockin’ Squat, Diabolic, Jean Grae, Pumpkinhead, Dead Prez, Marley Marl, Public Enemy, Akir, Omen, Pharoahe Monch, Chino XL, Ras Kass, and several others. In 2013, he toured the US with Brother Ali.
He also announced that he is working on his fifth album called “The Middle Passage”. He has yet to announce specifics, but the project is expected to feature production from 9th Wonder and DJ Premier, among others. Expect it to drop in 2014.
- He was enrolled at Penn State University, but was arrested after an assault-related incident and jailed for one year.
- He received the prestigious “Hip Hop Quotable” in The Source for his track “Industrial Revolution”.
- He was the subject of the 2011 documentary The (R)evolution of Immortal Technique.
- He is known for his charitable work and in 2008 he went to Afghanistan on his own funds to help build an orphanage.
- He is known for his lyrics that cover controversial issues including racism, government, and socialism.
Civil War Immortal Technique Feat. Brother Ali, Chuck D & Killer Mike21.1K Views62 Comments
Toast To The Dead (Prod. By J Dilla) Immortal Technique17K Views65 Comments
Toast To The Dead (Prod. By J Dilla) Immortal Technique1.4K Views8 Comments