Hopsin is one of the most unmistakable faces in hip-hop, due in part to a devoted cult following, his tendency to name-drop and the white contact lenses he chooses to rock, both live and in music videos and interviews. The emcee, producer, director and actor fell out with Ruthless records after signing with them in 2007, going on to found his own independent imprint Funk Volume Records in 2009, which is home to Dizzy Wright, SwizZz, Dizzy Wright, Jarren Benton and more. Other than those mentioned, the Panorama City native has worked with Tech N9ne, Paul Wall, Yealawolf, B-Real, Xzibit, Demrick, R.A. The Rugged Man, Insane Clown Posse, DJ Whoo Kid and more throughout his 10-year career. Most recently, he released his third studio album Knock Madness (which he’s currently touring in support of) and clarified a series of “suicidal” tweets. He’s also working on an EP with Blink-182 percussionist Travis Barker. Stay tuned.
- Hopsin is devoted skateboarder with a trick repertoire well above average.
- He cites Eminem as his greatest inspiration.
- He began rapping at sixteen years of age.
- Hop attended Los Angeles' James Monroe High School.
- He’s acted and worked as an extra in such films as John Tucker Must Die and Fame, as well as the television series Even Stevens, Lizzie McGuire, Cold Case, Malcolm In The Middle and Gilmore Girls.
Ill Mind Of Hopsin 5 Hopsin235.7K Views541 Comments
Ill Mind Of Hopsin 7 Hopsin159.8K Views396 Comments
ill Mind Of Hopsin 6 Hopsin123.6K Views243 Comments
Rip Your Heart Out Hopsin Feat. Tech N9ne119K Views241 Comments
Hop Is Back Hopsin105K Views464 Comments
Hop Madness Hopsin78.6K Views130 Comments
- Hopsin Goes On Twitter Rant, Calls Out Fans, "Knock Madness" Tour & Fame 15.9K Views
- Hopsin Talks On Suicidal Twitter Rant 24.3K Views
- Hopsin Thinks That "Yeezus" Is Wack But Kanye West Is Not 15.3K Views
- Charts Don't Lie: December 8 20.7K Views
- Hopsin Announces "Knock Madness" Tour Dates 4.2K Views
- Review: Hopsin's "Knock Madness" 20.1K Views
- Stream Hopsin's New "Knock Madness" Album In Its Entirety 15.6K Views