Gunplay apparently has a lot to celebrate today if his tweet is to be believed. The MMG rapper began trial this morning for armed robbery, assault with a deadly weapon and aggravated assault charges, stemming from when he pulled a gun on his accountant last April.

Is it possible the rapper got off as easily as he claims, avoiding a life sentence? The controversial emcee, who was only released from house arrest in January, wrote on Twitter, "I jus gave da State of Florida back a life sentence!!"

He added that the case has been dismissed, and gave a shout out to his boss, Ricky Rozay, "Case dismissed!! S/o to da Bath Salt Boss."

We'll keep you updated as more details are sure to surface about the trial. 

[UPDATE: Details on why the case was dismissed have surfaced.]

Well that was quick. We now have details on why the case was dismissed, and it turns out the victim, Turron Woodside, was not willing to cooperate with authorities.

Although there was surveillance footage which captured the incident of robbery, Turron Woodside is not willing to authenticate the footage so that they are able to use it against the MMG member. The incident on tape shows Gunplay pulling a gun on Woodside, and stealing a cell phone and gold chain from the him.

The Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office says of the case, "Video alone is not enough to convict an individual of a crime beyond a reasonable doubt." The office continues, "Although the armed robbery is captured on the victim's surveillance system, the victim, Turron Woodside, is uncooperative of the prosecution of this defendant Richard Morales [Gunplay]."

The State's Attorney Office says further that they subpoenaed Woodside, but prosecutors were not able to locate him to deliver the subpoena. Officials say that Woodside's family has claimed that "he's out of town and/or coping with a family death" along with other excuses.

Without Woodside's testimony, prosecutors were unable to make their case, and they were forced to drop the charges.