Dr. Dre deads long in-the-works album "Detox" but says his new album "Compton: The Soundtrack" will be out on August 7th.
Dr. Dre's currently hosting a Beats 1 radio show called "The Pharamacy," and as expected, he used the occasion to announce something about the upcoming soundtrack to Straight Outta Compton. More surprising, though, was some news about his mysterious, long-gestating album Detox.
Deeming the project, which was first rumored to drop in 2004, "not good enough for the fans," Dre announced that Detox will not ever be released. Instead, Compton: The Soundtrack will drop next week, on August 7th. It'll be available on iTunes and Apple Music.
Update: Artwork & tracklist released
2) Talk About It (feat. King Mez & Justus)
3) Genocide (feat. Kendrick Lamar, Marsha Ambrosius & Candice Pillay)
4) It’s All On Me (feat. Justus & BJ the Chicago Kid)
5) All In a Day’s Work (feat. Anderson Paak & Marsha Ambrosius)
6) Darkside/Gone (feat. King Mez, Marsha Ambrosius & Kendrick Lamar)
7) Loose Cannons (feat. Xzibit & COLD 187um)
8) Issues (feat. Ice Cube & Anderson Paak)
9) Deep Water (feat. Kendrick Lamar & Justus)
10) Jon Connor – One Shot One Kill (feat. Snoop Dogg)
11) The Game – Just Another Day (feat. Asia Bryant)
12) For the Love of Money (feat. Jill Scott & Jon Connor)
13) Satisfaction (feat. Snoop Dogg, Marsha Ambrosius & King Mez)
14) Animals (feat. Anderson Paak)
15) Medicine Man (feat. Eminem, Candice Pillay & Anderson Paak)
16) Talking To My Diary