Dr. Dre has been named the highest-paid musician of 2012, beating out the likes of Diddy, RIhanna, Jay-Z, Kanye West and more.
Â In a predictable announcement, Dr.Dre has been named Forbes' Highest-Paid Musician of 2012.
Largely thanks to this Beats headphone line, the former N.W.A. member roped in $110 million in pretax earnings. While others toured countries and released music, Dre advertised his headphones to an extent that every other person rocks them on the daily now.
The West Coast native beat out Rihanna, who ranks at No. 12 with $53 million, and Diddy, who ties with Katy Perry at No. 15 with $45 million. Beyonce and Jay-Z come in at No.18 and 20Â with $40 million and $38 million, respectively. Kanye West makes the cut at No.22 with $35 million, tying with Adele for the same position.Â
All these artists make mad mint and if you want to get your envy on more, peep the full list below, andÂ head on over to Forbes.com to read more on each artist.
1. Dr. Dre ($110 million)Â
2. Roger Waters ($88 million)Â
3. Elton John ($80 million)Â
4. U2 ($78 million)Â
5. Take That ($69 million)Â
6. Bon Jovi ($60 million)Â
7. Britney Spears ($58 million)Â
8. Paul McCartney ($57 million)Â
8. Taylor Swift ($57 million)Â
10. Justin Bieber ($55 million)Â
10. Toby Keith ($55 million)Â
12. Rihanna ($53 million)Â
13. Lady Gaga ($52 million)Â
14. Foo Fighters ($47 million)Â
15. Diddy ($45 million)Â
15. Katy Perry ($45 million)Â
17. Kenny Chesney ($44 million)Â
18. Beyonce ($40 million)Â
19. Red Hot Chili Peppers ($39 million)Â
20. Jay-Z ($38 million)Â
21. Coldplay ($37 million)Â
22. Adele ($35 million)Â
22. Kanye West ($35 million)Â
24. Michael Buble ($34 million)Â
25. Sade ($33 million)