DJ Whoo Kid News
- Update: Travis Scott’s Cartier Bracelet Found; Calls Back Into DJ Whoo KidJun 13, 2015 at 11:45pmWell that didn’t take long. Travis Scott’s “lost” Cartier bracelet has now been found. Calling back into DJ Whoo Kid this evening, La Flame thanked fans and listeners for all the energy used to find the Cartier bracelet, which was apparently found on the plane. He explained that his emotions were running high due to this being an heirloom from his late grandfather. This is something he always has on his wrist to remember the man that meant the world to him.
- T.I. Speaks On Young Thug & Lil Wayne Beef, Confirms His Appearance On "Barter Six"Apr 15, 2015 at 01:05pmWith the controversy surrounding Young Thug's Barter Six heating up every day, most Southern rappers have been wise to stay removed from any alleged beef between Thug and Lil Wayne. A guy who's shown Thug past, and current, support is ATL legend T.I., who recently put out "Bankrolls On Deck" with Thug and the rest of Bankroll Mafia.
- Top 30 DJs In Hip-Hop Right NowNov 3, 2014 at 02:32pmIf Def Jam taught us anything, it's to respect the DJ. The DJ is responsible for the perpetuation of the art form that is hip-hop. Without DJs, there'd be no medium for the streets and masses to access the music they crave.
- Big Sean Talks "I Don't Fuck With You," Confirms Kanye To Appear On New AlbumOct 10, 2014 at 04:26amBig Sean called into Whoo Kid's "The Whoolywood Shuffle" to wish the host a happy birthday. Never one to pass up an opportunity to get the latest exclusives, Whoo proceeded to interview Sean about his upcoming project. To start off, Whoo and company get to asking about Sean's latest hit "I Don't Fuck With You." Confirming that the song isn't aimed at anyone in particular despite rumors, Sean reaffirmed that it's about anyone who happens to get on his bad side. "It goes to a lot of people," he began. "Who ever I don't fuck with, I still don't fuck with you."
- Soulja Boy Discusses His Arrest And Collaboration With DrakeJan 26, 2014 at 12:55pmAfter a quiet period, Soulja Boy has been in the limelight quite a bit lately. First, his string of club hits culminating in his "We Made It" remix and then he made headlines after an arrest on suspicion of having a loaded gun.
- 50 Cent Discusses Nelson Mandela's Legacy, Ja Rule, New Music & MoreDec 8, 2013 at 05:59pmIn a Shade 45 interview with DJ Whoo Kid this morning, 50 Cent discussed Nelson Mandela's legacy, Ja Rule, his latest projects and much more. During a G-Unit tour of Africa in 2008, 50 visited Mandela in Johannesburg, South Africa, an experience he describes as "amazing" and enlightening. "You're still not prepared for people that have such a strong impression on people coming up and that and those are people dedicated to helping others," said 50. "When I think about when I was out there experiencing that and meeting him, that's like meeting the king of somewhere."
- Eminem & Dj Whoo Kid Discuss Lyricism, Rock-Influenced Hip-Hop & Rihanna's VocalsNov 2, 2013 at 07:11pmY'all have been inundated with Eminem coverage lately, so we'll keep this one brief. The resurgent Detroit emcee called DJ Whoo Kid's Shade 45 radio show from a pay phone earlier today, and the two discussed The Marshall Mathers LP 2, Rick Rubin's rock-influenced approach to production, the abilities of both Kendrick Lamar and Rihanna and more.
- DJ Whoo Kid Speaks On 50 Cent's "Street King Immortal," Reveals New Eminem FeatureMar 19, 2013 at 09:27amAs 50 Cent's Street King Immortal album release draws closer, DJ Whoo Kid revealed to