DJ Paul News
- Koopsta Knicca Of Three 6 Mafia Dies Following StrokeOct 9, 2015 at 10:03amMemphis rapper Koopsta Knicca, one of the original members of Three 6 Mafia, died late last night, October 9, following a major stroke he had suffered on Sunday, October 3. DJ Paul shared news of Knicca's passing last night (Oct. 8) on Twitter, writing, "Yall Back Together Brothers," and posted a since-deleted picture of Knicca and original Mafia member Lord Infamous, who died in 2013. Paul then retracted his previous post after learning that Knicca was still breathing and on life support.
- Listen To Da Mafia 6ix Album "Watch What U Wish..."Mar 22, 2015 at 02:09pmThree 6 Mafia offshoot Da Mafia 6ix is well-established as champion of that dissonant, epic Memphis trap sound. Here they submit their newest project, Watch What U Wish..., a 19-track album of nothing but absolute bangers. Watch out for what appear to be previously unreleased verses from the late Mafia member Lord Infamous.
- Project Pat Reveals Why Juicy J Is No Longer Working With Three 6 Mafia [Update: DJ Paul Responds]Dec 9, 2014 at 05:32amFans of Memphis' Three 6 Mafia were undoubtedly excited back in 2013 when DJ Paul announced that five of the original six members would be reuniting for a series of new releases. Rebranded as Da Mafia 6ix, the group's mixtape 6IX Commandments--and the more recent Hear Some Evil--featured a return to their horrorcore roots. Despite this back to basics approach, many fans were disappointed to hear that Juicy J would no longer be appearing as an official member of the crew.
- DJ Paul Says He's Bringing Out Lord Infamous' Casket On Da Mafia 6ix's TourFeb 27, 2014 at 05:12pmLord Infamous passed away in his sleep in late December, a short while after he had reunited with his former Three 6 Mafia members as Da Mafia 6ix.
- Yelawolf Announces Heavy Metal/Rock-Inspired Collaborative Album With DJ PaulJul 23, 2013 at 12:11pmYelawolf collaborated with drummer Travis Barker last white for their Psycho White EP, which was a rock-influenced project. The rock influence in Yelawolf's raps will continue, with the announcement of a new collaborative effort, this time with Three 6 Mafia's DJ Paul.
- DJ Paul Explains Three 6 Mafia Reunion Is Happening Without Juicy J, Under New Group NameJun 7, 2013 at 04:47pmThere have been rumors about a Three 6 Mafia reunion for some time now, and the biggest question many people have is whether or not it'll be the full group. DJ Paul has confirmed today that Three 6 Mafia will indeed reunite as a group, however, under a new name: Da Mafia 6ix. As Paul explains the name change, it's because one of the founding members, Juicy J, will not be a part of the reunited group.
- Three 6 Mafia's DJ Paul Supports Grizzlies With Gun PhotoMay 17, 2013 at 01:41pmThe Memphis Grizzlies have advanced to the Western Conference Finals for the first time in franchise history, and along the way on their playoff run the fantastic Memphis fans have been going wild at games. A classic Memphis-produced track, “Whoop That Trick,” from the soundtrack off the Academy Award winning Hustle & Flow has been adopted as the anthem at the Grind House (Fed-Ex Forum).
- DJ Paul Gets Community Service After Weapon Possession ArrestMar 14, 2013 at 01:05amThree 6 Mafia's DJ Paul has been ordered 21 hours of community service following an arrest stemming from late last year.