D-Rose found not liable on all three claims.
A jury has found that Derrick Rose did not commit sexual battery against his accuser in 2013.
According to reports, the verdict was announced today in L.A. County Superior court, where the Knicks' guard has been on trial for the last couple of weeks alongside two of his friends who were also accused of gang raping a woman years ago. During the trial Rose had acknowledged having sex with the woman in the past but was adamant that everything was consensual.
Rose and his friends were all ultimately found not liable on all three claims- trespassing, sexual battery and battery.
Last week, a judge had even considered declaring a mistrial, but now that the jury has made it's official ruling D-Rose can finally get back to focusing on playing ball for the Knicks.
BREAKING: Jury clears Derrick Rose and co-defendants of all charges in civil rape case pic.twitter.com/btDKQgPXgb— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) October 19, 2016
After being cleared of sexual battery and battery, Rose closed his eyes and tiled his head back. But that was expressive as he got.— jon greenberg (@jon_greenberg) October 19, 2016
Mark Baute, Derrick's lawyer, said they won't say the plaintiff's name because "Rape Shield Law matters" and blasted media coverage.— jon greenberg (@jon_greenberg) October 19, 2016
Baute said media coverage was "biased against black men and black athletes" and praised all white and Hispanic jury.— jon greenberg (@jon_greenberg) October 19, 2016
Jane Doe's lawyer said they're "contemplating" an appeal.— jon greenberg (@jon_greenberg) October 19, 2016