De La Soul Songs
- God ItLast month, veteran rap trio De La Soul announced that they were starting a Kickstarter to fund their new album. Now, they say they're "busy at work," but they took a break to share a track that won't show up on the upcoming project. This one's called "God It," and it features none other than Nas.
- The PeopleTwo legendary forces in hip-hop connect today to deliver a socially conscious anthem over a funky soundtrack, "The People." Chuck D encourages everyone to come together in face of society's ills, a message that seems especially relevant in the wake of the protests in Ferguson and the injustice of Mike Brown's death. The song was actually supposed to drop in the summer, but it resonates even more today.
- O' Shut UpToday De La Soul gave us some new music to digest, with the release of a BitTorrent bundle comprising of a eleven new mixtape cuts (all with vintage J. Dilla production), an audio letter, a J. Dilla documentary and some wallpapers. The mixtape Smell The DA.I.S.Y. is available for download on HNHH here.
- Dilla Plugged InThe other week for Valentine's Day De La Soul decided to let go their entire catalogue for free download via their website. That alone was generous enough, but when some fans didn't receive their download in a timely manner, De La Soul offered an apology in song-form for that, "Sorry/Thank You."
- Turning Me OffListen to Turning Me Off , the new track by Slum Village featuring De La Soul which was dropped on Tuesday, March 20th, 2012. Slum Village's odds keep getting better with each new leak, and Turning Me Off will undoubtedly improve his chances of winning. It's a worthy addition to a respectable catalogue that has seen a lot of growth since Slum Village debuted in this game. We're looking forward to the follow-up.