The league wants DJ to do the dunk contest.
Zach LaVine won't be defending his Dunk Contest crown during the NBA's All-Star weekend next month which means the NBA has some big shoes to fill.
Aaron Gordon, who put on a hell of a show last year despite losing to LaVine, will reportedly be entering the contest this year and the league has already reached out to Phoenix Suns rookie Derrick Jones Jr. who is more than capable of putting on a show in New Orleans.
But even if both men accept the invitation as expected, the league still has some spots to fill.
DeAndre Jordan, who was named to his first All-Star team last week, has announced that the NBA has reached out to him about the dunk contest and he's reportedly considering it... under one condition.
DeAndre will allegedly commit to the Dunk Contest if the league also lets him compete in the 3-point contest or the Skills Challenge, which was one by fellow big man Karl-Anthony Towns next year.
Should the league let him do it or would you rather see someone not named DeAndre Jordan in the dunk contest?
DeAndre Jordan said the NBA has reached out to him about the dunk contest and he's considering it.— Jovan Buha (@jovanbuha) January 30, 2017
DJ said he's currently trying to negotiate his way into the 3-Point Shootout or Skills Challenge if he's going to do the dunk contest.— Jovan Buha (@jovanbuha) January 30, 2017