Weekly review of the Hip-Hop and R&B sales/charts.
This week on the charts proves to be rather uneventful, as there are no new entries to speak of, although G-Eazy was able to re-enter with These Things Happen. Cadillactica, on the other hand, experienced a steep drop from its top 5 debut. Nonetheless, we're anticipating quite a few new albums that will enter the Billboard 200 in the coming weeks, Eminem's Shady XV will most likely top them all (140-150k projected), while Rick Ross' second album of 2014 Hood Billionaire will likely fall short in comparison to his Mastermind debut, with less than half the sales of Mastermind. If Rozay had decided to wait more time in between albums, chances are he could have had better sales, however, given this is his last album under Def Jam, perhaps he's in a hurry to end the contract. There's also two re-releases from both Beyonce and Iggy Azalea to consider, although Iggy won't be moving much weight with Reclassified (she's probably not to worried given The New Classic continues to move units 31 weeks removed from its release). Iggy's album is on course to move 11-13k, while Beyonce's Platinum Edition will likely move between 50-55k. Check in next week to find out where these new releases land.
1) Big K.R.I.T.— Cadillactica: After a healthy debut at #5, Cadillactica slips to #43 in its second week on shelves. The album sold another 9,136 copies during its second week out (a 79% drop in sales), with total sales now at 53,053.
2) T.I.—Paperwork: T.I.’s new album falls down 16 spots this week to arrive at #50. He’s been able to hold on pretty well, after charting for four weeks. Paperwork sold another 8,348 units, while total sales climb to 141,361.
3) Chris Brown—X: Breezy’s latest effort drops again this week, to #68. He sold another 6,043 copies of X, with total sales of 273,711.
4) Lecrae—Anomaly: Lecrae continues to prove himself on the Billboard 200. This week Anomaly drops down to #73 from #66, after selling 5,816 copies. Total sales for the independent rapper are at 196,876.
5) Iggy Azalea—The New Classic: Iggy Azalea will be competing with herself shortly, once Reclassified hits the charts. For now, The New Classic experience a small drop to #106. The debut album has been charting for 31 weeks, and sold another 4,504 units this week. Total sales have approached 409,849.
6) Young Jeezy—Seen It All: Lecrae may be able to hold on better in the longterm than Jeezy (both albums dropped together), which would definitely be an accomplishment for Christian-minded MC. This week Seen It All sits at #113, quite the drop from #86. The album moved 4,277 copies, with total sales of 246,971.
7) Logic—Under Pressure: Logic’s debut album hasn’t been able to stay within the Top 50 for quite as long as his release date competitor T.I. Under Pressure fell this week to #132, after selling 3,755 copies. Total sales are almost at 100k, currently 99,186 units sold total.
8) G-Eazy—These Things Happen: Surprisingly enough, we’re seeing G-Eazy’s album These Things Happen re-enter the Billboard 200 this week down at #143. As the Bay Area rapper’s buzz continues to grow, perhaps more fans are picking up his LP. We’ll have to see if he stays on the 200 next week, but for now, he’s sold another 3,579 units, with total sales of 131,469.
9) Wiz Khalifa— Blacc Hollywood: As Wiz embarks on his “Big Secret Blacc Hollywood” tour in support of his recent release, the album falls down 13 spots to #153. After charting for 14 weeks, the rapper sold 3,388 copies. His total sales have accumulated to 204,381.
10) Teyana Taylor— VII: Teyana Taylor’s long-awaited debut album VII made a plunge from #81 to #160. The album managed to move 3,279 copies, with total sales of just 24,353.
When it comes to singles performance this week, all the hard work for pushing O.T. Genasis' "CoCo" finally paid off as the single enters the Hot 100 at #77. Who knows how this happened, but Iggy Azalea's new single "Beg For It" has already reached #35. We've got Nicki Minaj's "Only" dropping four spots though, to #31. Young'ns Rae Sremmurd are up 1 with "No Type" at #16 on the Hot 100, while ILoveMakonnen is down 1 with "Tuesday (Remix)" sitting at #13. Big Sean's "I Don't Fuck With You" continues its climb, coming up four spots this week to #11.