Cause confirmed to be alcohol poisoning
Finally three months after the death of the 27-year-old singer, the official cause of Amy Winehouse's death has been confirmed by the coroner, Suzanne Greenway, to be alcohol poisoning.
The initial autopsy was inconclusive, however no drugs were found in her system at the time.
Now it seems that the actual cause was accidental--too much alcohol. It has been revealed that Winehouse's blood-alcohol limit was more than five times that of the drunk-driving limit (she had 416 mg of alcohol per 100 ml of blood, when the legal limit in Britain is 80 mg). It has also been discovered that there was one drug in her system, called Librium, which is a sedative that was prescribed to her to help ease the symptoms of alcohol withdrawal. According to the coroner though this drug played no part in the singer's death.