- Still I RideBay Area rapper Berner just released his 20 Lights EP, which you can stream here. One of the EP's highlights was "Cry," which featured Curren$y and The Jacka. This past Monday, we heard the devastating news that The Jacka, undisputed Bay Area legend, was murdered in Oakland. Berner and Jacka had collaborated a few times, and their relationship was deeper than music.
- StrongBerner & B-Real have teamed up for Prohibition, a seven-track project (available for download here) tailor-made for ganja smokers all over the world. The whole tape is pretty excellent, but "Strong" may just be the aptly-titled highlight. Featuring a Kush & OJ-esque verse from Wiz Khalifa that'll have you reminiscing on the old days, and smooth production from Cozmo, this one rides in the whip, the home, and the headphones.
- Bitch I Look Good (Remix)HBK Gang's Kool John has a personal brand of loopy, weed-addled rapping that must have struck a chord with Taylor Gang's Berner, as he's just remixed John's "Bitch I Look Good." Adding a verse to the bouncy, braggadocious cut (produced by HBK Gang's P Lo), Berner uses a heavy-lidded flow to diss Mervyn's shoppers, ask fans to take pics with him and explains how he murks pussies. It's a fun track that will no doubt fit in well with the currently Mustard-y climate of Cali's hip-hop radio.
- Everything, EverythingWiz Khalifa decides to unleash a loose crew cut today connecting his TGOD gang with the HBK gang helmed by Iamsu! Production comes from Sledgren and RMBjustize, who incorporated a smooth sample from Ice Cube's "It Was A Good Day", making this song the perfect way to kick off your weekend.
- DizzyThe last time we heard from Berner was back in April on the Dirty Money project, with his track “Gone”. With his Cookies line taking off, the Taylor Gang member returns to the music today with this new release “Dizzy”. In typical Berner form, the weed advocate taps back into his roots and delivers a smooth banger with help from producers Sledgren and Ricky P. Suggest lighting one up, and getting "Dizzy" to this below. (Download made available as well!)
- GoneBerner and his Taylor Gang head honcho Wiz Khalifa linked up for "Chapo" back in January (a music video soon followed) and that's the last time we heard from the weed advocate. Today he's returned with a little something new, which definitely has a smoke-worthy vibe while Berner uses a non-chalant flow.
- DispensaryDJ Whoo Kid, DJ Skee and DJ MLK just released their brand new SXEW Vol. 1, which, as most radio DJ tapes are, is mainly made up of old tracks. There are a few big exclusives mixed in however, and this cut with Taylor Gang's Wiz Khalifa, Berner, and Chevy Woods is definitely one of them. The TGOD formula is in full effect here, with a beat halfway between G-Funk and elevator music, and Wiz coming through with his signature smoked out hook-style. All three rappers deliver memorable 16s, and all three reference their weed-smoking habits heavily.
- ChapoTaylor Gang representers Berner and Wiz Khalifa connect over laid-back production for a new smoking anthem, with Wiz on the hook. No word on the origins of this cut, but enjoy the download. Quotable Lyrics "Fast money, fast cars and fast hoes / I get it all and go / Bout to take out a couple grand and throw it on the flo' / As soon as I hit the stage the people screamin' mo'" - Wiz