Whether referencing boxing in their lyrics, or literally contemplating stepping into the ring (50 Cent, Cassidy, Drake vs Chris Brown?), lyrical ferocity and physical ferocity seem to be highly compatible. Here's a look at over a dozen rap songs, highlighting Hip Hop's love of boxing.
LeBron James is King James on the court, and now he is King of NBA Style. GQ has named LeBron the most stylish NBA star, as he posed for pictures by Terry Richardson.
Nike has taken full advantage of the Flyknit technology in the form of running, basketball, soccer and training footwear, and now the Swoosh has taken the design to the gridiron. The Nike Vapor Ultimate cleat is the first flyknit football cleat and will be available for pre-sale today, July 8th via Nike.com.
Nike Basketball has officially unveiled their 2015 Elite Series, which will including this 'Rose Gold' Collection- scheduled to hit retailers on June 5th. As is tradition, the Elite Series will feature the KD, Kobe and LeBron silhouettes with a twist.The KD7 Elite forgoes the mid-foot strap, the Kobe X goes high-top, and the LeBron 12 features an eye-catching revamped upper.
Pharrell Williams, who recently signed with Adidas, was on the The Ellen DeGeneres Show and even Ellen was in awe of his ridiculous footwear. Pharrell was rocking an insane pair of Swarovski bedazzled Adidas Stan Smith's, which feature 1,600 crystals. Ellen couldn't keep her eyes off the beaming kicks, and we're glad the cameraman gave us a close-up shot of the Stan Smiths.
Over the weekend, Toronto rapper Drake returned to his hometown and held his annual OVO Fest (October’s Very Own), which featured a slew of performances and high profile names in hip hop such as Kanye West, Lil Wayne, J.
Big Sean is planning to have a big presence in 2013. He is currently readying his sophomore album, Hall Of Fame, and recently confirmed the existence of G.O.O.D, Music's mysterious Cruel Winter project.
Under Armour has officially unveiled the first signature sneaker of Golden State Warriors' all-star point guard, and MVP candidate, Stephen Curry. The kicks, which are called the 'Curry One,' will officially launch in a 'Home' colorway on February 13th, just in time for the NBA's All-Star weekend.
The Nike Air Foamposite Pro "Yeezy" will officially be releasing on April 19th, for $250. The blacked out foamposite pro utilizes a solar red inner lining and accents on the tongue to make the colorway pop above the glow in the dark outsole. The black upper features a carbon fiber print throughout the foamposite material, and a reptilian patterned trim around the tongue.
Teyana Taylor was out in Las Vegas over the weekend for the Air Jordan XX9 'First To Fly' event. Jordan Brand held a wear-test event for the newly unveiled Jordan XX9, which included a ridiculous dunk contest between a slue of 2015 and 2016 recruits, as well as some professional dunkers.
It's officially Fall, and the lady sneakerheads are still bringing out the heat. The 'Black Toe' XIV which recently released made a few appearances in this week's recap, as did a slue of other recent Air Jordan releases.
Finish Line is having a sweet Jordan restock on April 19th. Some of the kicks which will be up for grabs, again, are the Air Jordan 4 "Green Glow," Air Jordan 4 "Toro," and Air Jordan 6 "Infrared."
The Fresh Prince truly was fresh, debuting many Jordan models over the years.
The Yeezy Boost has officially been unveiled and February 14th has been pegged as the initial release date, though the launch will be limited to the NYC-area.
Game 3 of the NBA Finals was all San Antonio. The Spurs came out of the gates blazing hot and pounced on the Miami Heat, taking home the victory in the pivotal game.
2014 still has a ton of dope releases to look forward to, but the leaks we're seeing out of the future in 2015 is worth addressing. We already have learned that the 'Columbia' and 'Oreo' Air Jordan 4s will be making a comeback, and now we have a little more juice pertaining to next year's Jordan brand line up, thanks to some catalog scan images.
Carmelo Anthony To Undergo Surgery, Will Miss Remainder Of The Season Feb 18, 2015 at 12:05pm 2,492 Views
According to reports, Carmelo Anthony has played in his last game of the season. As expected, Melo will undergo knee surgery and will be leaving the Knicks in a perfect position to land the #1 overall pick in the 2015 draft. Here's looking at you, Jahlil Okafor.
- Review: The Game's "Documentary 2"19 Views0 Comments
- Gilbert Arenas Won't Stop Trolling Derek Fisher And Matt Barnes On Instagram732 Views0 Comments
- Released 20 Years Ago, GZA's "Liquid Swords" Finally Goes Platinum1,184 Views17 Comments
- Eminem Sends Gift To Young Fan With Customized Eminem Prosthetic Legs3,136 Views20 Comments
- Koopsta Knicca Of Three 6 Mafia Dies Following Stroke5,927 Views39 Comments
- Stream The Game's "The Documentary 2"22,853 Views167 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Shares "Kunta's Groove Sessions" Tour Dates, Jay Rock To Support17,029 Views116 Comments
- Young Chop Calls Out Kanye West For Using Chicago Artists36,937 Views179 Comments
- Beyonce, Jay Z, Kanye West, Rihanna & Pharrell All Suing French Clothing Company28,416 Views46 Comments
- The Game Don't Change: The Making Of "The Documentary 2"22,022 Views39 Comments
- Eminem Writes Essay On The Genius Of Tupac15,910 Views91 Comments
- Karrueche Tran Says Dating Chris Brown Has Made It Harder To Get Work43,368 Views113 Comments
- #TBT: Tech N9ne's Early Singles4,168 Views24 Comments
- GoldLink Announces Debut Album, Shares First Single4,687 Views14 Comments