At fifteen years old, Donavan Johnson began to seriously pursue a musical career after the death of his close friend, hence his moniker, "XV." He released a staggering 18 mixtapes, only gaining attention after his twelfth release, "Everybody's Nobody," recieved two awards from DJ Booth. In his musical career he has worked with B.o.B., Patrick Stump, Kendrick Llamar, and Schoolboy Q, whilst having production handled by the likes of Just Blaze and Omen on occasion. In 2010, XV announced that he had signed to Warner Bros. Records, and released an EP through them called simply, "Awesome EP." His album, "The Kid with the Green Backpack," has a tentative release date set at 2015.
- His rapper name, "XV," refers to the age in which he started his music carreer.
- His song, "Final Fantasy XV," is a reference to the popular J-Rpg series, Final Fantasy, of which XV is fond.
- He cites Andre 3000 and Rivers Cummo from Weezer among his biggest influences.
- The death of a close friend inspired XV to pursue music.
- His songs frequently reference older video games.
30,000 Feet Up in The Sky XV67.4K Views167 Comments
Batteries XV Feat. Trae The Truth39.8K Views86 Comments
Watch Me Go (Prod. By J. Cole) XV35.1K Views57 Comments
AaaHH! Real Monsters XV Feat. ScHoolboy Q (Prod. by THe Awesome Sound)33.4K Views58 Comments
The Kick (Prod. By DJ Tech-Neek) XV31.1K Views106 Comments
May The Force Be With You (Prod. By Seven) XV Feat. Killer Mike and Mac Miller30.9K Views2 Comments