- Samples Of The Week: April 24Apr 24, 2014 at 10:30 AMWhen hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music. Today, sampling has become less common, but a choice sample can still push a track from lukewarm to hot faster than you can say "uh-huh honey".
- Review: Vado's "Sinatra EP"Feb 13, 2014 at 08:15 PMFor Vado, Sinatra represents much more than just another one of the several tapes he has dropped over the past few years. The smooth flowing Harlem representer is in the midst of a crucial part of his rap career. The Dipset affiliate went from NYC --> MIA to link up with DJ Khaled and in 2013 he signed with Khaled's We the Best label. He dropped the fourth installment of his Slime Flu series this past August, but for Vado, and in comparison to Vado's previous releases, Slime Flu 4 was just "alright" - far short of spectacular.
- N.O.R.E.'s Good Belt Gang To Release Compilation "Resource Room" [Update: Stream The Project]Feb 11, 2014 at 12:40 PMWith N.O.R.E.'s ensemble, the Good Belt Gang, releasing tracks left, right and center for the past few months, we have been keenly anticipating their compilation, Resource Room. On February 11th, he will be releasing the Good Belt Gang project in full.
- Ace Hood Drops Highly Anticipated "Starvation 3" MixtapeJan 17, 2014 at 03:07 PMAce Hood started 2013 off with the release of his Starvation 2 mixtape, and he's starting 2014 off in a similar fashion. The We The Best rapper has delivered the highly anticipated new installment in the series, Starvation 3, which finds him handling the majority of the project solo. He has recruited a few friends to help him out however, enlisting We The Best labelmates Mavado and Vado on two respective tracks, and calling on Kevin Cossom for a third.
- Vado Unveils Cover Art For "Sinatra" EPDec 26, 2013 at 10:13 AMVado has been pushing his new Scott Storch-produced single "Look Me In The Eyes" which features Rick Ross and French Montana, as he leads up to the release of a new EP, Sinatra. The EP is supposed to arrive in 2014, and yesterday the We The Best rapper took to his Instagram to unveil the cover art for the extended play. Peep it in the gallery above, and listen to his single below.
- Artwork & Tracklist Revealed For Vado's "Slime Flu 4" MixtapeAug 9, 2013 at 01:05 PMLooking to reassert himself on the hip hop scene after being lost in label purgatory. Now joining with DJ Khaled on We The Best he is primed to drop his next mixtape, a new Slime Flu installment.
- DJ Khaled On "Suffering From Success" And Potentially Signing VadoFeb 16, 2013 at 12:50 PMAfter dropping one of the biggest compilation albums of last year with Kiss The Ring, DJ Khaled has been enjoying immense success, but has also become weary of the pitfalls of that success, hence the name of his next project Suffering From Success. In a recent interview, the We The Best mogul talks about coping with the behind the
- Vado Discusses Cam'Ron's Reaction To Him Leaving Dip SetFeb 9, 2013 at 12:39 PMAfter recently officially inking with We The Best, Vado talks about his decision to leave Interscope, and goes into detail about his relationship with Cam’Ron, and how Cam reacted when he decided to leave Dip Set. He says their relationship is fine,
- Vado On Possible "Super Group" With Juelz Santana, Fabolous & Lloyd BanksJan 30, 2013 at 04:44 PMRumors have been floating around about where Vado will sign after leaving Interscope, with most of the material coming from the rapper himself. He was said to have signed with DJ Khaled, but then recanted the statement. Now, in a recent interview