- 50 Cent Thinks Jay Z's Idea To Collaborate With UGK Was Borrowed From HimMar 18, 2014 at 02:21 PM50 Cent and Jay Z are two of the biggest rappers ever to come out of New York, so naturally they have a bit of a competitive relationship. In a soon-to-air interview with Sirius XM, 50 spoke on his output during Jay Z's retirement, as well as Jay's decision to work with UGK on "Big Pimpin'".
- Trunk BangersAug 27, 2014 at 02:43 PMThe age-old question under which almost all hip-hop music is scrutinized: does it pass the car test? There isn't a precise recipe for passing the car test. What goes in the living room, livens up an elevator, or tears the roof off of a nightclub, may not be suitable for the cabin of your automobile. If you asked me, I would say that passing the car test requires a certain bold, yet uninvasive presence, allowing you to balance your attention between the rhymes, the rhythm, and the road.
- Pimp C's Mother, "Mama Wes" Has Passed AwayAug 18, 2013 at 03:59 PMEarlier in the week, Pimp C's mother was reportedly hospitalized in Port Arthur, Texas with serious illness. Unfortunately, the late rapper's UGK partner Bun B has now confirmed that C's mother has passed away. Not much is known of the cause of her death, but Bun offered a photo and short eulogy to Mama Wes on Instagram today. View it below.
- #TBT: Deep Cuts From T.I.Oct 9, 2014 at 05:00 PMT.I. is a legend at this point. For nearly 20 years he has been blessing the mic with verses of the hustle, the struggle, roads to success and pimpin'. He's a rapper, actor, convicted felon and one of the south's most heralded artists.
- Top 20 Rap-A-Lot Records TracksMay 3, 2014 at 07:52 PMRap-A-Lot Records was founded by James "J Prince" Smith in Houston, TX in 1986, during hip-hop's Golden Age, as well as the time when Gangsta Rap was slowly starting to gain prominence. Stereotypically, Gangsta Rap is viewed as vulgar, and can sometimes promote violence against women without any really basis or message.
- Bun B Talks About The "Hip-Hop And Religion" Course He Teaches At Rice UniversityFeb 22, 2015 at 07:28 PMDid you know Bun B, one half of the legendary Houston duo UGK, is a faculty member at Rice University? While Bun's musical output has slowed in recent years, his knowledge of hip-hop remains unquestionable, and since 2011, he has been teaching said knowledge in a professional capacity. Last Thursday, Bun went on HOT 97 and talked to Ebro about the "Hip-Hop and Religion" course he teaches.
- Bun B Announces Features For New Project, "The Epilogue"Oct 4, 2013 at 04:22 PMBun B established himself as a legend with his work with UGK, but since Pimp C's tragic passing, the rapper has continued to make an impact with his solo releases. We haven't heard from Bun since 2010's Trill OG, but the Texan rapper has now announced a new project-- which actually pulls from the same sessions as his last album.