- Charts Don't Lie: July 25thJul 25, 2015 at 09:41pmIt was yet another unpredictable week on the charts, with Meek Mill being dethroned by none other than -- Tyrese? That's right, the veteran R&B star turnt Furious 7 actor has landed his very first number one with his sixth studio album. Meanwhile, Meek Mill keeps the units moving, sticking close at the number three spot. Drake comes in at 9, while the other rap albums were shut out of the top ten once again. As we already know, Future is set to top next week's charts, which will make for yet another consecutive week where a rap or R&B album reigns supreme.
- Stream Tyrese's New Album "Black Rose"Jul 10, 2015 at 01:07pmIt seems like Tyrese has been around for ever, but the dude is still only 36 years old, young enough to drop a smoldering R&B album. Indeed, today he releases Black Rose, his first solo album since 2011's Open Invitation and his first LP appearance since Tyrese X Ginuwine X Tank supergroup TGT's 2013 project Three Kings.
- Tyrese Reveals "Black Rose' Artwork & TracklistJun 17, 2015 at 08:06pmAfter starring in the massively successful Furious 7, Tyrese is getting ready to drop another new LP. Not only that, but his new project is set to be accompanied by a book, documentary, and short film (with Jennifer Hudson). For now, we have some news on the musical part of the endeavor, as Tyrese has shared both the artwork and official tracklist for the album. The 14-track offering will feature collaborations with Snoop Dogg, Chrisette Michele, Tank, and Brandy, so you can tell this is gonna be some uncompromising R&B.
- Tyrese & Rev Run To Host Relationship Advice ShowJun 11, 2015 at 06:00pmLast year, singer/actor Tyrese and rapper/TV personality Rev Run teamed up for a book called "Manology" that wound up becoming a New York Times bestseller, and now they'll be taking their knowledge to television. Oprah's cable network, OWN, just announced today that the duo will be hosting a talk show that centers on relationship advice.
- Meet J-Doe: Conglomerate Records' Next-UpJun 10, 2015 at 04:16pmYou probably know O.T. Genasis as the new face of Busta Rhyme's Conglomerate Records. Busta's first signee, though, is another L.A. guy, J-Doe, who's had years of industry experience under his belt. You might remember his 2011 hit, "Coke, Dope, Crack, Smack," or more likely, the remix and video, which featured T-Pain and David Banner. Though the titles of both of the Conglomerate signee's biggest hits are similar, J-Doe is a whole different kind of rapper.
- Tyrese Sued By A Writer He Claims "Bamboozled" His MotherSep 9, 2014 at 03:56pmTyrese Gibson may be better known for his roles in the successful Transformers and Fast & Furious franchises than he is for music nowadays, but, for a while, he was one of R&B music's most popular talents. And so, for the first time since 2012, Tyrese has made his way back to our pages. Unfortunately, the reason isn't new music.