Three 6 Mafia News
- Juicy J's 5 Most Ratchet MixtapesFeb 17, 2015 at 03:56pmWere it not for Juicy J, "ratchet" would not be nearly as popular a term as it currently is.
- Three 6 Mafia's Crunchy Black Wanted By Police For Beating Up FianceeJan 8, 2015 at 10:50amThere's a warrant out for the arrest of Three 6 Mafia member Crunchy Black, after the rapper allegedly beat up his fiancee in a hotel room last March.
- Project Pat Reveals Why Juicy J Is No Longer Working With Three 6 Mafia [Update: DJ Paul Responds]Dec 9, 2014 at 05:32amFans of Memphis' Three 6 Mafia were undoubtedly excited back in 2013 when DJ Paul announced that five of the original six members would be reuniting for a series of new releases. Rebranded as Da Mafia 6ix, the group's mixtape 6IX Commandments--and the more recent Hear Some Evil--featured a return to their horrorcore roots. Despite this back to basics approach, many fans were disappointed to hear that Juicy J would no longer be appearing as an official member of the crew.
- Samples Of The Week: September 18Sep 18, 2014 at 03:13pmWhen hip-hop began, samples were all that DJs and producers had to construct instrumental tracks with. They'd dig through crates of vinyl trying to find isolated drum breaks, melodies or vocals that they could repurpose for use in hip-hop music. Today, sampling has become less common, but a choice sample can still push a track from lukewarm to hot faster than you can say "uh-huh honey". This week, we had to give some extra shine to Big Sean in light of the four tracks he dropped on us last week, so he's on here twice, and Big K.R.I.T. takes the final spot.
- Damn Son, Where'd You Find This: 10 Unexpected Samples In Hip-HopMar 26, 2014 at 01:49pmWhen sampling, producers usually try to find obscure and/or rare source material to draw from, both because they don't want listeners to associate their final product with a song they already know, and because they'd likely to avoid copyright issues. But sometimes, out-of-the-box ideas will come to fruition, and lead producers to sample from well-known, but unexpected places.
- Gangsta Boo Says New Three 6 Mafia Album In The Works, With Juicy JMar 11, 2014 at 12:41pmWhen news initially broke that rap group Three 6 Mafia was re-forming, fans were definitely excited. However, once it was revealed that the group would not have the same moniker let alone the same line-up, fans were slightly less excited.
- Three 6 Mafia's Lord Infamous Has Passed AwayDec 21, 2013 at 11:42amGangsta Boo, an original member of Three 6 Mafia, tweeted earlier this morning that her friend and collaborator, Lord Infamous has died. She first replied to someone inquiring about the rapper's passing, before giving her condolences to his friends and family. We are very much hoping that this is some kind of misunderstanding, but are following the story closely. Update: According to DJ Paul's publicist, Dove Clark, the news is true, and Lord Infamous has indeed passed away.
- DJ Paul Explains Three 6 Mafia Reunion Is Happening Without Juicy J, Under New Group NameJun 7, 2013 at 04:47pmThere have been rumors about a Three 6 Mafia reunion for some time now, and the biggest question many people have is whether or not it'll be the full group. DJ Paul has confirmed today that Three 6 Mafia will indeed reunite as a group, however, under a new name: Da Mafia 6ix. As Paul explains the name change, it's because one of the founding members, Juicy J, will not be a part of the reunited group.
- DJ Paul Gets Community Service After Weapon Possession ArrestMar 14, 2013 at 01:05amThree 6 Mafia's DJ Paul has been ordered 21 hours of community service following an arrest stemming from late last year.