- A3C Festival Announces Initial Line-UpJul 9, 2015 at 12:07pmThe annual A3C Hip-Hop Festival in Atlanta is returning this year for its eleventh instalment. The festival isn't until October, but today they've announced their initial line-up, with more artists to be announced in the months leading up to the event. In their first of three announcements, A3C announces performers De La Soul, Rakim, Cam’ron, Dame Dash, Just Blaze, Curren$y & Jet Life, Jean Grae, Cyhi the Prynce Pharoahe Monch, Soulection Executive Team, PNB Rock, The Difference Machine and Kool Keith.
- A$AP Rocky Explains Rakim Influence On Sophomore Album TitleMar 26, 2015 at 11:35amA$AP Rocky's sophomore title acronym, A.L.L.A., was deciphered yesterday thanks to a video of Rocky spitting a verse from an album cut for GQ.
- Chill Out: 10 Rappers With Laid-Back FlowJan 13, 2015 at 12:57pmThe art of rapping started off in the form of spoken word and poetry, but you don't hear a lot of "poetry" in modern-day popular rap. This could be for a multitude of reasons. For starters, the club doesn't want to put you to sleep. And Neither does the radio. For whatever reason, songs that make you think don't seem to have wheels in 2015. But that's okay though, 'cause we got you.
- #TBT: Eric B. & RakimNov 20, 2014 at 04:17pmEric B. & Rakim had a short 7 years and 4 albums of pure influence before disbanding in 1993. Widely regarded as one of the best duos in rap history, the two didn't release many songs that your favorite rapper didn't like.
- Subliminal Warfare: A History Of The Hidden DissOct 29, 2014 at 03:08pm“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War To be dissed in rap is nothing new. Whether it’s your flow, fashion sense or recent actions, name one MC who doesn’t have a target on his or her back for any rival rhymesayer to take a shot at. Ready, aim…but wait!
- Pusha T Talks Lyrical Inspiration & The "Golden Era"Jul 15, 2013 at 01:08pmPusha T has always paid tribute to the pioneers of the rap game in his music, besides reflecting the influence of the golden era in his style, he's also often flipped classic Rakim lines in his verses, and even went as far as to pay homage to Big Daddy Kane in the title of his latest mixtape.