About Pretty Ricky
Five brothers from Miami constitute(d) the R&B and Hip-Hop act, Pretty Ricky: Baby Blue, Spectacular, Milk B, Slick 'Em, and frontman Pleasure P. Of course, Pleasure P left to do his own thing in '07, leaving the group to an array of replacement leads before eventually disbanding in 2012. But if you stroll back to Miami in 2004, you would note that Pretty Ricky's R&B single, "Grind With Me," never seemed to stop playing on the radio. While they had been active since '97, their debut album, "Bluestars," saw it's release in 2005. Although that was nothing compared to their follow-up, "Late Night Special," which topped the billboard. They have toured with Omarian, Chris Brown, and Bow Wow. Their third self-titled outing, unfortunately, barely charted. After trying out a few other frontman, Pretty Ricky disbanded, leaving plans for their fourth album and sequel to Bluestars up in the air. However, in 2012, original frontman Pleasure P stated that a reunion with all the original members is in the works.
- While a majority of the brothers were rappers, most people considered Pretty Ricky an R&B act. This was largely due to Pleasure P's dominant presence in the group.
- Originally, they were known as Pretty Rickie and the Maverix. Country band, The Mavericks sued them and they decided to drop the "if-e" for a "y," since "y" was thought to be less feminine then "i-e."
- In Miami, their single, "Grind With Me," became the most requested song Power 96 ever had.
- Girls called them Pretty Ricky in school, with their penchant to dress similarly in addition to being siblings.
- Their planned album, Bluestars 2, was planned but never saw its release and it is unknown as to whether it ever will be.
- Pacman Your Body Pretty Ricky126K Views7 Comments
- Topless Pretty Ricky Feat. Snoop Dogg & Trick Daddy40K Views8 Comments
- Puddles Pretty Ricky30K Views28 Comments
- One Night Stand (Remix) Pretty Ricky29K Views2 Comments
- Cookie Cutter Pretty Ricky23K Views0 Comments
- Pac Man Ya Body Layzie Bone Feat. Pretty Ricky20K Views5 Comments
- A Look Inside Mark Wahlberg's $100,000 Sneaker Collection0 Views0 Comments
- Pusha T's "King Push" Slated For Spring 2016, Wants To Release "Cruel Summer 2"1,890 Views19 Comments
- Rick Ross Covers The Source 824 Views10 Comments
- Tinashe Covers Dazed Magazine2,541 Views30 Comments
- Drake & Nicki Minaj Are Nominated For TIME Person Of The Year9,486 Views155 Comments
- Adele's Album "25" Went Double Platinum In Three Days16,815 Views215 Comments
- A Complete Guide To This Weekend's Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sneaker Releases1,859 Views0 Comments
- Chris Brown Announces New Release Date For “Royalty”20,064 Views69 Comments
- Top Tracks: November 16 - November 2220,281 Views29 Comments
- Pusha T's "Darkest Before Dawn" Release Date Revealed21,446 Views111 Comments
- Ticket Giveaway: See Post Malone & Ty Dolla $ign Live At Beer & Tacos ATL2,227 Views3 Comments
- Justin Bieber Breaks Drake/The Beatles' Billboard Record32,163 Views130 Comments
- Eminem's Carhartt Air Jordan 4 Collab Raises Over $225,000 For Charity2,138 Views0 Comments
- How Meek Mill Can Bounce Back From His Summer Slump36,071 Views268 Comments
- Photos: Nicki Minaj, Eve, & Common In "Barbershop: The Next Cut"13,018 Views20 Comments