About Lauryn Hill
Lauryn Hill needs no introduction – despite recent setbacks, her legacy in both hip-hop and R&B will likely resound until their dissolution. She was a pioneer, an equally talented spitter and songstress who brought The Fugees to international acclaim alongside Wyclef Jean and Pras (not to mention her eight-times-platinum, GRAMMY-award-winning solo debut The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill). She dropped out of the public eye in 2001, citing dissatisfaction with the music industry and the spotlight in general, but has slowly remerged in recent years, her music having taken on a much more political bent (see “Neurotic Society”, “Repercussions” and “Consumerism”). Throughout her 23-year career, she’s collaborated with D’Angelo, Method Man, John Legend, Mary J. Blige, Paid & Live, Nas and more. Unfortunately, she served a three-month prison sentence for tax evasion in late 2013, but is now in the midst of a homecoming tour, having written a letter of recognition to fans as well. We at HNHH wish her all the best in her future endeavors.
- Her multiple talents include producing and acting.
- Lauryn Hill grew up Baptist.
- She attended Zach Braff's Bar Mitzvah.
- Lauryn has an older brother named Malaney.
- Hill has Hill has six children, five of them with Bob Marley's son Rohan.
- Neurotic Society (Compulsory Mix) Lauryn Hill103K Views32 Comments
- Feeling Good Lauryn Hill40K Views31 Comments
- Repercussions Lauryn Hill40K Views2 Comments
- Black Rage Lauryn Hill25K Views35 Comments
- Black Is The Color Of My True Love's Hair Lauryn Hill17K Views4 Comments
- The Hustle Lauryn Hill Feat. Stat Quo15K Views0 Comments
- Watch Lauryn Hill Perform Acoustic Version Of "Doo Wop"2,163 Views2 Comments
- Lauryn Hill "On The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" Video2,055 Views1 Comment
- Nas Brings Out Lauryn Hill At Coachella1,822 Views
- #TBT: Fabolous' 2001-2005 Era32 Views0 Comments
- Tyga Says Eviction Lawsuit Is Fraudulent 18 Views3 Comments
- 5 Things We Want From Dr. Dre's "Straight Outta Compton" Soundtrack2,594 Views11 Comments
- Jordan Brand Loses Trademark Lawsuit Against Knock-Off Beijing Company1,922 Views0 Comments
- Next Chief Keef Hologram Benefit Concert To Broadcast In 3 Cities At Once2,260 Views11 Comments
- iHeart Radio Music Festival Taps Kanye West, The Weeknd, Lil Wayne & More3,017 Views6 Comments
- R. Kelly Announces "Buffet" Album Release Date2,168 Views17 Comments
- Is Earl Sweatshirt Changing His Rap Name?18,922 Views40 Comments
- The 5 Most Confusing Things Birdman Said In His Angie Martinez Interview65,182 Views83 Comments
- Lil Kim Files Domestic Violence Lawsuit Against Ex-Boyfriend10,969 Views12 Comments
- Meek Mill Opens Up: "I'm Scared To Be Political"62,355 Views163 Comments
- Meek Mill Says He's Hitting The Studio "Soon"81,929 Views342 Comments
- Meet Maxo Kream: Houston's Next-Up7,238 Views12 Comments
- Migos Say Their Noisey "Atlanta" Episode Was Scripted15,808 Views31 Comments