Metro Boomin News
- Travis Scott Announces "Rodeo" Tour With Young Thug & Metro BoominJan 27, 2015 at 12:53 AMBefore Travis Scott releases his highly anticipated debut album Rodeo, the G.O.O.D. Music rapper will be taking his talents on the road as part of the "Rodeo" tour alongside Young Thug and a DJ set from Metro Boomin. The 23-date tour kick starts March 1st in Santa Ana, California and runs through cities like Denver, Chicago, L.A., Toronto, NYC, Houston, and of course Atlanta before wrapping up March 31st in Seattle. Tickets go on sale this Friday, while pre-sales go down tomorrow.
- Stream DJ Spinz's Visual EP, "Trips"Jan 22, 2015 at 06:46 PMAs an Atlanta-based producer, DJ Spinz has been behind some of the city's best tracks of the past year, working with everyone from Young Thug to Kid Ink. Today, he hits us with something that's pretty unprecedented for ATL producers: a "visual EP." Very fittingly entitled Trips, the release consists of four instrumental tracks that come equipped with visuals by DJ Mike Nasty and cover art that references "Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas." Spinz collaborated with Metro Boomin, Dun Deal and 808 Mafia on these beats.
- A Guide to Atlanta ProducersSep 28, 2014 at 01:11 PMSomeone once remarked that Chicago and Atlanta had replaced New York City and Los Angeles as the capitals of modern rap music. As blasphemous as that claim might seem, it’s 100% true in 2014. Atlanta has been a dominant force in hip-hop for over a decade now, but since 2010, it has experienced a lot of change. T.I., Jeezy, and Ludacris (sorta) are still around, but a new crop of artists has emerged.
- Future Announces "Monster" Mixtape With Release DateSep 24, 2014 at 11:17 AMIn August Future was teasing fans about a new single titled "Monster," as well, it was reported that he was working on a mixtape titled Evol.
- Future Announces New Single "Monster," Also Allegedly Working On A Mixtape Called "Evol"Aug 14, 2014 at 01:59 PMIf you believe the headlines, it's been a rough week for Future, who reportedly called it quits with his fiancé, Ciara. But like any great artist, Future knows that heartbreak and loss can be some of the best stimuli for great music, and it sounds like he's been holed up in the studio lately. The Freebandz crooner just announced a new single, "Monster," that will be produced by Metro Boomin and will land on August 18th.
- Metro Boomin Discusses "Metro Thuggin" & Announces "20 & Boomin" MixtapeJun 20, 2014 at 10:10 AMMetro Boomin is quickly making a name for himself in this rap game, producing trap-driven beats for some of Atlanta's hottest rappers, from Future to 2 Chainz, to newer faces on the rise like Young Thug and Young Scooter.
- Producers To Watch In 2014Jan 30, 2014 at 03:40 PM2013 was dominated by emerging producers. Mike WiLL Made It and DJ Mustard, who seemed like newcomers at the top of the year, ended things off with major label artist deals, hits with some of the biggest artists in the game. That being said, 2014 could be anybody's year. While some of the artists collected in this list are more renowned than others-- they all have the ability to raise their profile significantly in the next 12 months.
- "Karate Chop" Producer Says Lil Wayne's Emmett Till Line Was Not Meant To Be ReleasedMay 15, 2013 at 04:59 PMLil Wayne's Emmett Till line on "Karate Chop (Remix)" has been responsible for much controversy, the peak of which ended with Wayne being dropped from his Mountain Dew endorsement. Metro Boomin, the producer of the track, argues that all of these issues could have been avoided, as the line was not intended to be included on the final version, and just happened to be included on the leak.