Lil B News
- 140 Bars Or Less: Tweets Of The Week (July 4-10)Jul 11, 2013 at 10:33amDissecting the foibles of the hip hop community as expressed in under 140 characters on Twitter. Not just used as a device to flood people's timelines with your new track, album, video, or clothing line, sometimes rappers truly channel the unfiltered interaction with fans. This week features Tyler, The Creator, 50 Cent, Lil B and more!
- Rappers Who Would Make Great NBA OwnersMay 30, 2013 at 11:13amThe cross-section of hip hop and basketball culture is a large one with both influencing each other’s style, and stars of each hailing from the same regions. In 2004, Jay-Z bought into the Nets for $350,000, which was only valued at roughly 0.15% of the franchise. Although not a large investor, Jigga became the sideline face of the franchise, and was involved in moving the team from the Meadowlands to Brooklyn.
- J. Cole Talks On His Production Style & Whether Or Not He Likes Lil BMar 4, 2013 at 05:08pmJ. Cole has a come a long way since his debut mixtape projects and signing with Roc Nation. Like with many rappers trying to come up, Cole learned to rap by imitating his idols. However, as he's gotten more mature and progressed in the rap game, Cole developed his own distinct sound, both in his bars and his beats. His sound is one that merges pop and rap so that Cole has mainstream appeal, but is able to remain true hip-hop at the same time.
- Joey Bada$$ Says Album Is Almost Done, Speaks On Lil B BeefFeb 26, 2013 at 10:06amThough still an independent artist, Joey Bada$$ continues to collect hype. The NYC traditionalist just announced a headlining tour, and has been working with legends like DJ Premier on his new tracks.
- Joey Bada$$ Deletes Twitter Following Frustration With Lil B Fans [Update: Joey Returns To Twitter]Feb 3, 2013 at 07:58pmJoey Bada$$ ignited a beef with Lil B earlier this week when he tweeted a Capital STEEZ line directed at the Based God.
- Joey Bada$$ Deletes Twitter Following Frustration With Lil B FansFeb 2, 2013 at 10:54amJoey Bada$$ ignited a beef with Lil B earlier this week when he tweeted a Capital STEEZ line directed at the Based God.
- Joey Bada$$ Says He "Killed" Lil B On His Diss RecordJan 31, 2013 at 07:18pmPerhaps not getting around to listening to Joey Bada$$’ 1999 mixtape until this week, Lil B took exception to a line on “Survival Tactics,” where Capital STEEZ says “...tell the Based
- Lil B & Joey Bada$$ Trade Jabs On Twitter, Send Diss Tracks To Each OtherJan 30, 2013 at 09:22amThis beef escalated quickly. Recently Joey Bada$$ tweeted a line from his song "Survival Tactics" which just happened to be about Lil B. The line, which was "Tell the Based God don't quit his day job," was actual rapped by recently deceased Pro Era member, Capital Steez yet Lil B mistook it as Joey's line and called him out for it on twitter.