- Transplant Rap: 9 Rappers Who Blew Up Away From HomeSep 10, 2015 at 05:28pmWith his debut album Only Way Is Up finally out, rapper K Camp is really able to secure himself as success in the rap game-- or at least, that's the hope. For the past year or two, Kristopher Cambell has been delivering massive hits in Atlanta to great success and everyone's enjoyment. What's funny though, is despite his successes and a particular ear for the desires of the A-Town market, K Camp's origins couldn't be more far from Atlanta; in fact he initially heralded all the way from Milwaukee.
- Daz Dillinger Hints At Tha Dogg Pound Sequel To N.W.A. MovieJul 9, 2015 at 05:52pmUpcoming N.W.A. biopic "Straight Outta Compton" will have a sequel based on Tha Dogg Pound, said Daz Dillinger in a recent interview with VladTV. Daz said the sequel is tentatively called "DPG For Life."
- Top 5 Miguel X Rapper CollabsJun 10, 2015 at 02:47pmMiguel isn't the most prolific artist in R&B, but he's one of the most inimitable. As he's become an undeniable fashion icon and sex-symbol, he's still managed to evolve his sound with each subsequent record, sounding like the second-coming of Prince-- less dancey, but more sexy. He's an artist of his own breed, which is why we don't see him on features as much as most R&B artists, who get more hype off their guest appearances on rap albums than on their solo work.
- Behind The Beat: SalvaApr 2, 2015 at 03:33pmLast year, L.A.-based producer Salva became a household name in hip-hop circles by scoring collabs with a diverse list of artists that included Schoolboy Q, Young Thug, Freddie Gibbs, A$AP Ferg, Kurupt, Problem and E-40. With his all-over-the-place Peacemaker tape and its "Old English" single, the beatmaker gained himself a much larger following in the rap world, and so we had to hit him up to be featured on "Behind The Beat."
- Underrated Audio: April 23-29Apr 30, 2013 at 05:51pmThis week there's was some difficulty in deciding what to feature on Underrated Audio, and it wasn't because there was an excess of tracks to choose from, but sadly, the opposite. Nonetheless, we've come through, with five cuts from last week that were not given all their deserved play time. Rockie Fresh is featured again this week, as he continues his climb from the underground to the mainstream, via MMG. Rockie isn't the only rapper on the rise featured this week, in fact, he's in good company with King Los and Tory Lanez.
- Kurupt Announces Dogg Pound & Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Collaborative AlbumApr 24, 2013 at 02:42pmKurupt was recently in the headlines when he recalled a battle he and Snoop had back in his Death Row days.
- Kurupt Reflects On Battling Snoop Dogg, Says Suge Knight Offered Deals To Anyone Who Could Beat HimApr 2, 2013 at 02:50pmKurupt and Snoop Dogg have quite a history. The two were recently reunited in an edition of Snoop's web series, Double G News Network, and they spoke about their early days with Death Row. The west coast legends reflected on their past battling, specifically the time that the two went head to head.