Jon Connor News
- Problem Announces "354: Lift Off" Tour And MixtapeAug 12, 2014 at 02:44 PMDiamond Lane's Problem has some big things planned for the coming weeks, namely a tour and an accompanying mixtape, both titled 354: Lift Off. Bad Lucc and Jon Connor will join him on the 21 date tour, the full schedule of which is below. You can buy tickets here.
- Jon Connor Talks About Signing With Dr. Dre's AftermathOct 16, 2013 at 10:12 AMDuring the time when the BET Hip-Hop Awards were being filmed in Atlanta, a few weeks ago, reports started circulating that Flint, Michigan native Jon Connor had signed to Dr. Dre's Aftermath label.
- Jon Connor May Have Signed To Dr. Dre's Aftermath ImprintSep 29, 2013 at 02:09 PMDuring his cypher at the taping of the BET Hip-Hop Awards last night, Jon Connor apparently announced his signing with Dr. Dre's Aftermath imprint. The Flint, Michigan emcee alluded to the possibility in a recent interview, and photos of him and Dre in the lab recently surfaced as well. That's all we have for now, folks. Stay tuned for updates, and catch the awards on Tuesday, October 15th at 8 p.m. EST. Peep photos of Connor in the studio with Dre in the gallery above, as well as a live tweet from Karen Civil below.
- Full Album Stream For Jon Connor's "Unconscious State"Jul 2, 2013 at 08:16 AMJon Connor has drummed up a lot of anticipation for his latest release, Unconscious State, which dropped on iTunes today. We've heard several leaks off the album, and now Connor is offering up a full album stream of Unconscious State. The album features Talib Kweli, Royce Da 59, Danny Brown, Freddie Gibbs and Smoke DZA, among others. Listen to the album below, and head to iTunes to purchase a copy.
- Cover Art & Tracklist Revealed For Jon Connor's "Unconscious State"Jun 17, 2013 at 01:17 PMJon Connor fans have been anticipating the new effort from the Flint, Michigan native, especially with recent leaks featuring Royce Da 5'9" ("Michigan Shit") as well as Talib Kweli ("Rise Up").
- Underrated Audio: May 7-13May 14, 2013 at 05:10 PMYou know how it goes. We've grabbed some of the tracks we thought were overlooked this past week, and placed them all in one place (here) for your enjoyment. This week it really is about rappers that are overlooked (apart from Party Next Door, who is not a rapper at all). From Jon Connor, to Stalley, to Tree, it's generally agreed that these rappers don't get the credit they deserve, and they're often overshadowed by some of the more flashy rappers. These rappers don't need flash though, they've got bars.
- Review: Jon Connor's "While You Were Sleeping"Aug 2, 2012 at 04:06 PM“You gon’ find/in every line I rhyme/is shit you can’t define/This is passion,” Jon Connor boasts in the opening namesake track While You Were Sleeping. Passion may be tough to peg, but this Flint, Michigan up-and-comer has definitely chiselled out an impression in his latest release. Looks like the all-nighters are paying off.