- Always 1Just over a week ago, everyone in Awful Records' extensive roster turned 4/20 into #AwfulHoliday, sharing a ton of tracks out of the blue, including the party-starting posse cut "Fuck Shit." Today, resident producer and accomplished solo artists KeithCharles Spacebar drops his long-in-the-works solo outing We'
- Fuck ShitIn addition to 4/20, today marks the holiday dubbed #AwfulHoliday by the members of Awful Records. In celebration, nearly every member of the expansive collective dropped new material. We've already posted new jams by Abra and Father, and now here's a posse cut from Fat, RichPoSlim, Archibald Slim and Stalin Majesty called "Fuck Shit."
- GumsThe great people of Awful Records have declared today an #AwfulHoliday, and are all sharing new music on the day known to most Americans as 4/20. We already heard Father assist Abra on the sultry "U Ain't Got To Lie," and now he's unveiled a new solo track that features KeithCharles Spacebar.
- U Ain't Got To LieAwful Records continues to make noise out of Atlanta, and, today, we get to hear from lesser-known member, and the only lady in the crew, Abra. "U Ain't Got to Lie" is the lead single off, Jacuzzi, Abra's upcoming joint EP with Awful's Head Honcho Father, hot off the release of Who's Gonna Get Fucked First?
- Young Hot Ebony (Remix)Last year, Father's album Young Hot Ebony supplied ten raunchy, snap music and booty bass-influenced jams highlighted by the iLoveMakonnen and Key!-assisted hit, "Look At Wrist." Today, Makonnen and Father's Awful Records cohort RichPoSlim hop on a remix of the project's title track. With Makonnen calling himself the "red dragon" and RichPoSlim slipping in a killer mini verse in the song's fourth quarter, the song is most definitely improved by their unique presences. Quotable Lyrics
- OOH He HotBoogz Boogetz is quickly becoming one of the more chameleonic presences in hip-hop this year. In the past two months or so, he's collaborated with Fat Trel, Vado and Smoke DZA, and each time, he seems remarkably able to adapt his style to fit each of those rappers' standard sound. That same assertion holds true for "OOH He Hot," a new collab with Awful Records' Father that very similar to many tracks on the great Young Hot Ebony.
- SpillAwful Records has been at the centre of a lot of the breakout artists coming out of Atlanta this year, but the biggest splashes were actually made by affiliates of the crew, rather than core members. iLoveMakonnen of course, found himself signed to Drake's OVO imprint shortly after gaining a regional buzz, and OG Maco paired with Migos' QC The Label after "U Guessed It" blew up.
- Look At Wrist (Remix)Father is at the forefront of the experimental rap crew Awful Records, alongside rappers like OG Maco, Key!, and honorary member iLoveMakonnen. The latter two artists both appeared on the original mix of Father's "Look At Wrist", which has grown to be his biggest song so far. It may get an even bigger look in its remixed form, with The Cool Kids jumping on the track.
- Fatherless ChildA rising emcee out of Kansas City, Missouri, Suspect grew up listening to the likes of Brotha Lynch Hung, Bone Thugs N Harmony, and Kriss Kross. A perceived oxymoron, the young emcee attended private school despite coming from a Crip-heavy neighborhood. At school he was "ghetto," at home he "acted white." Victims of circumstance, however, grow to become the most interesting of lyricists. On "Fatherless Child" (which is not a part of our exclusive series), Suspect handles growing up in a fatherless home with the maturity of a hip-hop veteran.