About Elle Varner
Only 25-years-old and already with a Grammy nomination to her name, Elle Varner has become among the most popular female R&B artists in recent years. The LA native began playing music as a kid, and in 2012 her debut studio album “Perfectly Imperfect” sold over 100k copies and reached #2 on the US R&B charts. The first single off of the album, “Only Wanna Give It to You”, featured J. Cole and became a hit track that afforded Varner deserved attention. Aside from her album, she released a mixtape called “Conversational Lush” in anticipation of her debut album.
She has collaborated with several notable artists including J. Cole, Pop & Oak, Shux, Omen, and Kid Ink, and she has been working with producers including Hit-Boy and Da Internz for her second album. That album, of which details have yet to been released, is a new genre that Varner titled “Trap Jazz”. Stay posted for specifics on her much-anticipated second album.
- She dated New York Knick’s guard Iman Shumpert in 2013.
- She was influenced by a wide range of musicians from Ella Fitzgerald to Kanye West.
- She graduated from NYU’s Clive Davis Department of Recorded Music in a class of just 24 students.
- She was nominated for Best R&B Female Artist at the 2013 BET Awards and Best R&B Song for her track “Refill” at the 2013 Grammys.
- Her classmates at NYU chose her to be “most likely to win a Grammy” and “most likely to get signed”.